Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Profit & Loss - Removal of values (no dollar values)

Experienced Partner

15Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

We used to be able to deselect the figures.

Now we can only choose Account numbers.

Not often, but like now I want to show what a P&L Chart of Account looks like without figures.

I know there are work- arrounds.

I just want to be able to deselect like I used to.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't heard of this use before, but if we hear from other users we might need to consider it, What do others think? One option you might try is to report on a future period with zero values. Maybe this will give you what you need?

6 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't heard of this use before, but if we hear from other users we might need to consider it, What do others think? One option you might try is to report on a future period with zero values. Maybe this will give you what you need?
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
  1. Ability to deselect figures in P&L reports (Accrual or Cash) was not available in V19
  2. I do not understand why PatDoogue has said "I just want to be able to deselect like I used to"
  3. Dan's suggestion is sound if PatDoogue is serious
  4. Alternatively send to Excel and remove all values (incl zeros) & print (perhaps that is what was done in the past).
Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,590 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi Taz, Pat.

Here's my advice for to get the exact report you are looking for without exporting to Excel:
1) Go to Reports > Accounts Tab > Accounts Section > Accounts List [Summary]

2) Choose Display

3) Choose the Insert/Modify Tab

4) Use the Show/Hide Button to remove the "Current Balance" column.  If you would like to see the account numbers add the "Account No." column to the report.

This gives you a report that displays your entire chart of accounts, including any balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.

Kind Regards,

Will H

MYOB Client Support.

PatDoogue
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

Tazinx, thanks I must be going mad with this new version.

You are right, it was not available in V19.

But now I like the idea of being able to select in or out report fields.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

I can understand, particularly if you are using it as either an example or an education tool for students.  It is with that in mind that I've now voted for it.

JOberg
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Over the years our Chart of Account has changed a lot which has resulted in quite a few inactive accounts.

We need to be able to run a Profit & Loss that shows zero balance accounts without including the inactive accounts. I have seen advice to merge accounts to reduce it to just one inactive account but this does not work for us as we use job costing.

It seems to me to be a simple programming fix to include a filter Include Inactive Accounts

Your consideration would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeanette