Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Session Security Audit - Time zone

Partner

103Posts

28Kudos

3Solutions

103 Posts
Partner
Australia

Currently the above report displays session times at UTC.  It would be great if the user can specify the time zone for which the report is generated for.

If the user can't specify the time zone then at least default it to AEST.  Without knowing the exact numbers but I hazard a guess that majority of AccountRight Live users are in this time zone.

Having to always work out when a user logged on is rather time consuming.

"Changing time zone for Session Security Audit Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi all,

I am glad to say the issue with the Journal Security Audit and the Session Security Audit report displaying in GMT +0 has been fixed as of the 2015.2 update.

To see more information about the 2015.2 update feel free to check out the blog.

http://community.myob.com/t5/The-AccountRight-Blog/AccountRight-2015-2-now-available/ba-p/357784

16 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @CTL 

The security report shows logon or logout events for the file. If the software doesn't close correctly it won't show a logout event. Also, when re-entering the file it will show a logon without showing a previous logout. Has your software closed due to an error or problem? Has your computer shut or been switched off with AccountRight still running?

CTL
Trusted Partner
151 Posts
Trusted Partner

Hi Liam

I took the file offline yesterday for about half an hour to back up prior to importing payroll.  Other than that, there were no disconnections.  Another staff member was working at a different location with the online file and her sessions reports are quite alarming.  It shows that she was logged on for only 16 hours last month when I have definite proof that the month's worth of work she completed could not have possibly been squeezed into two days.

It's making it very difficult to justify the admin workload to the owners of the company if I can't provide accurate reports of what we do on a daily basis. 

BCT
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Migrated to AR from Premier v19 yesterday and am astounded at the Session Report. To have renamed it a "Security" Journal is laughable since being confined to GMT it is useless as an Audit tool as all work done this morning before 10am is thought by the system to have been done yesterday. We will have to always run the daily session rpt using a "from" date of yesterday. Any auditor worth their salt will be horrified.  Bring on an urgent upgrade to allow choice of local Time Zone PLEASE!!!

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Are we any further along with this request - this was first posted back in 2013!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @BCT  and @jenniek  

Currently we do not have an update on this idea, as soon as we know anything we will change this status and post on the forum. 

In the meantime keep voting and leaving comments.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all,

I am glad to say the issue with the Journal Security Audit and the Session Security Audit report displaying in GMT +0 has been fixed as of the 2015.2 update.

To see more information about the 2015.2 update feel free to check out the blog.

http://community.myob.com/t5/The-AccountRight-Blog/AccountRight-2015-2-now-available/ba-p/357784