Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Show inactive cards default to unticked

Experienced Cover User

36Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Suggestion to have the option of include inactive cards as unticked by default. To have inactive cards permanently ticked seems odd as if you needed them often you wouldnt have them as inactive.

"Reports - inactive cards"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Thanks for your great suggestion @Bravo   Anyone else who ants to have the option to include inactive cards in reports to be unticked by default, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

12 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your great suggestion @Bravo   Anyone else who ants to have the option to include inactive cards in reports to be unticked by default, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
120 Posts
Trusted Partner

Please remove the default of "show inactive customer/supplier/employee etc in reports.

Make it a tick option to include and not a tick option to not include.

If they are inactive obviously it will be rare to include them in reports.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to have an overall setting for the entire MYOB file for include/exclude inactive items/cards/jobs/accounts by default. As the OP said, if we want to access the information, we wouldn't make them inactive.

Lynzo
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why are inactive employee cards still coming up as a defult?  This is driving me crazy constantly seeing these really old employee cards still appearing and I have to unselect to get rid of them.  Doesn't make sense.

LesGrant
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Every time I do a Payroll Advice Report, the deafult setting for Employee is 'All'. That is fair enough. When I try to select an employee I get the 'Payroll Employees Select From List', the first time I run the report, 'Show Inactive Payroll Employees' is always checked. Can this setting be remembered please?

DeborahG
1 Post
User

This should be sorted for all not just payroll. A default should never include inactive status. This allows for too many errors to occur by processing staff. Also when you set a new user, the set up shouldnt automatically default to inactive. Why would you be setting up an inactive user?

Beancounterdr
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

When choosing a report, the default is past employees are ticked.  This would be the exception that you would want past employees, so to have the default as unticked would be more user friendly.

Also on reports, eg leave reports, the end date defaults to the end of the current financial year, most of the time that is months away.  Why not have the current date as the default, more likely to be the one you need?

SWItalianClub
1 Post
User

Has there been ANY thrust to change the default setting to NOT include inactive items ?

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I doubt it. Why make life easier for their customers when they can make it ever more frustrating... Smiley Happy

Vicki2
5 Posts
User

Hi there. How many users need to request this change before it is put in place? I notice it's been an issue for several years but doesn't seem to have been actioned?