Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Superannuation Accrual by Fund [Detail] - Show original fund if fund has since been changed

Experienced Cover User

56Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

The standard report for Super Accrual by Fund Detail reports incorrect results and is misleading.

It does not report on the funds payments were actually made to. It reports solely by the current fund an employee card is set up to use.

Reproduction:
1) Make a super payment for an employee.
2) Change the employee's super details in the employee card.
3) Run report Super Accrual by Fund Detail.

4) Report incorrectly shows payment made to new fund; there is no mention of the old fund.

As it currently stands this report is actually worse than nothing, because it confidently states something that is not true. If the report did not exist we at least would not be tricked.

Preferred resolution:
Super payments must store the fund & membership number they were paid into; all reporting must use super details as they existed for each payment and not at the point in time of running the report.

I note that the work required to implement this is also 80% of the work required to properly implement multiple super funds per employee.

I note further than Xero can trivially set up multiple super funds per employee, and that MYOB customers have been asking for this since at least 2013.

I note lastly that the current support note for multiple cards per employee to achieve this is not current as it does not mention STP or ATO categories, and is thus dangerously incomplete. Any MYOB acting in reliance on this advice risks making compliance mistakes with consequential liability. (https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Employees+with+multiple+super+funds?searchfacet=support:help&s... )

"Reporting - Payroll - Super - Accrual by Fund detail is incorrect"