Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Transaction Tax Codes - Payment Basis

Experienced Cover User

15Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Can we get a Standard Transaction Report that lists transactions by Account Code and includes description/narration/memo, GST Gross, GST Value, GST Net.

I can supply an example.  The best I've seen is the Banklink Ledger Report.

I need something to check the accuracy of the data when doing GSTs.  The current GST Detial (Invoice) report doesn't include the Accounts so there is no way I know if a motor vehicle expense has been wronlgy coded to Postage other than the Card File name.  There is also no narration so I can't see if the Entertainment has been adjusted for the non-deductible/personal use portion.

Thanks

Andrew Crawford

I asked the Community if such a report existed, topic GST Audit Report, I attached some examples of what I wanted.

"Standard Transaction Report"

Based on further comments -Transaction GST Codes report is a suitable report for the requirements, however, can't be run on a payment basis.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @GulfAccountants

Thank you for your ideas in regards to AccountRight and GST reporting.

AccountRight filters the GST portion of the transaction to the GST account at the time of recording the transaction so the current GST reports are looking into the GST apart of the transaction not the allocation account part of the transaction i.e. the Income/expense account. 

However in saying that I would recommend if other users would like to see a GST report that will show the allocation account part of the transaction to vote and comment for this idea,

14 Comments
lorrainea
Experienced Partner
67 Posts
Experienced Partner

The gst detail report in Essentials lists which account the transaction has gone to, but in AccountRight it doesn't, so if the account posted to eg sales, stationery etc was in the gst detail report it would be helpful

GulfAccountants
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the support, I feel I'm getting pushed away from MYOB.  If I can't get a simple report that everyone else seems to produce as a matter of course then I become reluctant to use MYOB. I understand I can't get everything but I am tired of using work arounds.  Hopefully the developers are on the verge of releasing a standard transaction report.

Interesting to hear Essentials has it, maybe it is just a simpel cut and paste for AccountRight.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GulfAccountants

Thank you for your ideas in regards to AccountRight and GST reporting.

AccountRight filters the GST portion of the transaction to the GST account at the time of recording the transaction so the current GST reports are looking into the GST apart of the transaction not the allocation account part of the transaction i.e. the Income/expense account. 

However in saying that I would recommend if other users would like to see a GST report that will show the allocation account part of the transaction to vote and comment for this idea,

GulfAccountants
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

OK then.  I'll probably drift away from MYOB as I use the Standard Transaction report quite a lot and not having it easily available adds downtime to the job that I want to avoid.

Andrew 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GulfAccountants 

I am sorry to hear that, if there is anything that we can assist with don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

JasmineLiu
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I don't understand how hard can this be, in Quickbooks, you can generate a list of transactions - filterred by dates or account numbers etc. and then you can add a column of "Tax Amount" which shows GST paid or received. This is very handy when we just try to find out in the GL transactions which ones are GST free, it helps with GST reconciliation. For all these year, MYOB was never able to do this. Very dissapointing.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @JasmineLiu 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight and the GST reporting. I encourage any users that would like to see this feature implemented in future upgrades to comment and cast your vote.

Kind regards,

Kat 

GulfAccountants
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is the frustration, get votes to get a change.  Since I put the idea on here there have been 5 comments so it is never going to get votes yet it is a bread and butter report that I've finally got tired of not having.  I sat through the under-whelming Roadshow hoping to talk to someone who could walk the talk of making business easier, 3 hours before a break, really sore bum, bad customer service.

That aside tell me in one simple step how I can review 8 pages of coded transactions to make sure they have been coded correctly and the GST has been treated correctly.

At present I export the GST Detail (Invoice) report to excel, sort by GST out and GST input and then by card file and then by amount so the larger amounts are at the top of each card file so hopefully I spot any major variances first.

It looks highly likely the report I have seen in other client accounting packages doesn't exist and I won't be holding my breath hoping to win a popularity contest to get what I want.  

Look at it another way, 550,000 users, 5 comments in a week, does this mean 549,995 users don't want it or maybe 549,995 users don't visit the Community Forum because it is useless and they have other things to do with their time.

In 5 years I had never visited the Community Forum and there are probably a dozen good ideas i would have voted on but MYOB isn't my life and I really don't want to hope my idea could be judged to be of value to MYOB.  I don't need to win favour form MYOB, I need a report that is a basic report everywhere else and if MYOB doesn't think that it isn't something MYOB should be offering as well then that is MYOB's business.

Has any of the MYOB people tried to validate 8 pages of transactions in the GST Detail (Invoice) report to see if it is possible?

Andrew

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree and have voted. Prob won't change anything, but you are not the only one who feels they would benefit from such a report.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your votes and comments. As mentioned in the past, Ideas are passed on to our developers for consideration. While the votes do give us an indication of how many of our users would like to see an idea implemented, the decision is not entirely based on the number of votes. There are various factors that influence the decision, including the feasibility making the necessary changes. 

Andrew (@GulfAccountants), Thank you for the Idea post and your feedback about the Roadshow. I'm sorry to hear that the long periods between breaks was uncomfortable for you. The Roadshow being one of few times where we have so many of our valued partners under the one roof, we do try to make the most of it .It is our chance to introduce you to all the exciting new features, functions and products that we are proud to be bringing to you in the year. Having said that I have passed your feedback on to our events management team to keep in mind for future events. There is usually a sea of people dressed in the MYOB purple T-Shirts at these events. I do hope that the next time you are at one of these events you take the opportunity to speak to one of us. We'dlad to be glad to be of service.

Please do post again if there is anything that we can help with.