Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Cavesman 

Currently all versions of AccountRight will save the EMPDUPE file to the computer to be lodged with the business portal.

Timber_King
2 Posts
Cover User

+1 DougM

After wasting half an hour today on the phone to MYOB 'Support', I directed the consultant to a link I found - while on hold - on the SBR website and how MYOB was listed as a program that includes SBR-enabled reporting obligations.

He then proceeded to tell me - after I had found the link - that there was an 'Add-on' called Govdirect that can integrate with MYOB for 'only $95 a year!'

Can someone from MYOB please explain why I pay nearly $1200 dollars a year for MYOB Cover?

At the moment I am having a hard time trying to reconcile it myself?!?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Timber_King 

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

To my understanding certain MYOB Accountant Division programs are SBR compliant. The Idea that you voted on was to have AccountRight, which is one oif the Business Division products , SBR compliant.

As the support representative did inform you there any third party add on solutions that are available that will interact with AccountRight to make it SBR compliant. Please note that these are third party programs and do have their own costs.

Once again thanks for the feedback and voting for this idea.

Timber_King
2 Posts
Cover User

@Steven_M 

While certain MYOB programs may be SBR compliant, it was my understanding that this thread was to cast a vote for the functionality of MYOB being able to produce a file to enable the user to electronically lodge TFN declarations.

The link that I referred to - http://www.sbr.gov.au/products-register/browse-products-by-agency/australian-taxation-office-ato - give the impression that MYOB software includes reporting functionality for TFN declarations.

The question is; Why is there still no functionality within MYOB Accountright to lodge TFN declarations after 4 years of consideration?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Timber_King 

Thank you for your feedback

AccountRight will give you the information for the employees to lodge a TFN declaration but you do still have to manually lodge the TFN declaration.The team are still investigating the idea and how it would be best to implement that in the software. With lodging data to the ATO we do need to make sure that the process we are using is compatible, include the relevant data and make sure its a secure connection.

WCM
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

All we need is the ability to generate an SBR file from MYOB.  You can then upload that file through your Auskey portal.  This already works for the PAYG Payment Summaries.  You already have to put pretty much all the TFN Declaration into MYOB to set up an employee, so it should just be an export function.

I'm keen to get something like this, as GovReports recently changed their pricing structure so each TFN declaration costs me $13.75 to lodge, regardless of whether I lodge singly or in a batch. 

Likewise the add on for Gov Direct - I know it's only $95 per year, but the ATO has provided the portal for free and required that we interact with them electronically, so it would be good to be able to use what is already there instead of having to pay again.

Correct me if I am wrong, but MYOB does not seem to handle .csv exports very well?  I tried exporting details to upload into the new Super Stream interfaces, but it came out all over the shop.

Aisling001
5 Posts
User

Hi,

Can you please advise if Account Right Live  Premier Version 14 has been updated to enable direct lodgment of TFN Declaration to the ATO?

If not, is there any MYOB Version that does have this facility ?

Regards

Aisling

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

AccountRight 2014 and 2015 don't yet have this feature - but here's a link to the Namich TFN dec Reporter which does this and costs only $49.

You can also upload TFN Declarations for free, via Gov Reports or Gov Direct

Aisling001
5 Posts
User

Hi Jason,

9 months later, is there any news on the direct lodgement of TFN declarations ?

Regards

Aisling

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aisling001 

We are still investigating the possibility of adding this feature in future versions of the program. There is no estimated release date at this point in time. However I would encourage other users that would like to see this feature included in the program to vote and comment for this idea.