Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am still coming to terms with the fact that we still have to fill in and send in the TFN declarations manually.  Given that this issue has been "looked into" on several occassions over several years by MYOB and it appears to be something that every MYOB user that has employees would benefit from, it is beyond my comprehension that it is only a "possibility" and not a priority for them.

Guess they are happy to let the 3rd party developers charge for a service that should be incorporated into their own system by now!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @SuezyM 

Thank you for your feedback I have passed this on to the team for you. The more votes the ideas get the better chance it will be implemented in future upgrades. I encourage any other users that would like to see this feature come in to vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

DougM
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I last posted in July last year on the need for MYOB to incorporate directly into the software the ability to lodge TFN declarations to the ATO. It is now 9 months into the current financial year and we have now lodged around 115 manual forms to the ATO. Come on MYOB - what is it that makes electronic lodgement of TFN declarations so difficult when other accounting/payroll software in this price range does include it?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DougM 

Thank you for follow up in regards to this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

This idea is marked as under consideration. This means that the program development team are still investigating the possibility of adding it into future releases of the program, we don't have a release date for this idea at this point in time. As such we encourage clients to vote and comment for this idea.

Bravo
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI

ATO has sent this information today (15.04.15). Upon researching I see this has been on MYOBS agenda for quite some time. Is this going to happen?

https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/General/Important-changes-to-AUSkey/?sbnews20150413

Thanks

Sandi Smith

Finance Administrator

Bravo

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Whilst it doesn't affect MYOB software, the Tax Office's changes to AUS key security mean that businesses, BAS agents and Tax agents might have to upgrade their browers, to retain access.

I recently experienced this, when I found the Firefox browser on my USB flash driver could no longer launch my AUSKey (storeed on the drive). Spent nearly 3 hours contacting the ATO and redownloading the software.  No news from  Tax Office about this change, on any email or forum  .

Tip: first move your AUSkey to your C; drive - e.g. C:\temp.

Then format your USB disk, install the new software and move the Auskey back.

Mont
2 Posts
User

Adding our vote for myob to be SBR enabled - especially for TFN declarations!

RemedyAccounts
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When will we be able to lodge a tax file declaration electronically using MYOB Account Right Plus/Live?

AnneH
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Adding my vote.  Seems ridiculous that it hasn't been incorporated yet.  Surely it can't be that hard.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your vote @AnneH

It is definitely something our developers are looking into, however I'm very sorry that currently we don't have a time frame available. We will post updates on the forum when we have more details, I encourage interested users to continue adding your votes, and comment if needed.