Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DougM

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea

All ideas are passed on the program development team to assess their possible inclusion in the program. This idea is something that the team are closely looking into for future releases. At this stage we don't have an exact time frame for when this idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. However in saying that we certainly can see the benefit for clients in terms of this idea to improve workflow and to streamline the employee process. 

Samer
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

hi

when will this be available... other providers are leading the pack here!

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why is ATO/ SBR website listing MYOB as TFN Declaration capable (since 6 January 2016) yet when I chatted with MYOB Support today they knew nothing about it.? I have screenshot the list on http://www.sbr.gov.au/products-register/browse-products-by-agency/australian-taxation-office-ato

where it says MYOB now does this. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @OzTara

Thank you for your feedback.

My understanding is that versions and modules of MYOB Accountants Office and Enterprise (available to accountants) allow for Tax File Declarations and a wider range of other reports to be filed. This is why the ATO does list that MYOB can file using that information. At this stage it is something that we are still into for the AccountRight product suite. At this stage we don't have a direct time frame for when this feature will be available in the AccountRight range. however we can certainly see the benefit for this for clients on this version.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Samer

As mentioned above we don't have a direct time frame for when this feature will be available in the AccountRight range. However we still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea added in future updates to vote, and comment if required, for this idea. You can vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange by selecting the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

CathieR
Ultimate Partner
965 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Just an electronic version (similar to the empdupe) file would be helpful.

Then it can be uploaded into the portal

Samer
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

I do believe that the "community" has been asking for this for a VERY long time... the competition is now way ahead!

Jace_IT_Figures
Valued Partner
132 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree this would be a very valuable and necessary tool. I appreciate CathieR's response offering a compromise of an electronic file that we could submit but with the integrated technology now available I can't see why this shouldn't be able to come directly from the MYOB software.

I'm concerned that this topic has been on the ideas exchange for coming up on 4 years and is also number 6 on the list of most voted for ideas of all time.. and isn't even on the roadmap yet?

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The BAS one is a higher priority to me than TFN. All we do is type the numbers out of BASlink into ECI anyway so all the data is already being collected.

Jace_IT_Figures
Valued Partner
132 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree Heather but I guess for agents lodging on behalf of clients this isn't as much a priority.

For business owners (who know what they're doing) the ability to lodge the following I think shoul dbe a minimum under SBR:-

- BAS / IAS

- TFN Declarations

- PAYG Payment Summary Annual Report

- Taxable Payments Annual Report