Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Experienced User

90Posts

291Kudos

0Solutions

90 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who registered to pilot a new service, between MYOB and the ATO.

Our team is currently working on making the completion and lodgement of BAS much simpler and faster. Once done, we will look into other aspects of the SBR initiative, like electronic lodgement of TFNs. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Regards,

Suja

93 Comments
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Maybe in a future newsletter or compliance update notification, MYOB could ask all their users to simply click on a "yes" or "no" or "never heard of it" in the email to indicate whether they would use this function. That would then provide feedback from a far greater number of users than just those who are aware of this forum.

I don't think using this forum only is an accurate gauge. It is starting to become very hard to find things due to the sheer volume of suggestions and comments.

Jace_IT_Figures
Valued Partner
132 Posts
Valued Partner

Absolutely Heather!

I think MYOB could even take it an extra step and pick a handful of 'high-rated' older ideas that haven't been implemented and get people to vote on them and have new ones each newsletter!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS and @Jace_IT_Figures,

Thank you for the suggestion. I really like the idea of including a list of Top Ideas in our newsletter, and welcoming users to vote. Like you said, even though we have a very active forum, with close to 90,000 registered members, not all of our customers are aware of the existence of the Forum and the Idea Exchange boards.

I will work on this, and try to implement a process as soon as possible.

Thank you, once again.

Cheers,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager

MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all, This has, for obvious reasons, been one of our very poular ideas for a while now. I'm glad to say that our team is looking into and working on various aspects of the SBR initiative. We will keep you posted via this idea post and the AccountRight Blog.

Stensgroup
4 Posts
Cover User

I see this was requested in 2010, yet MYOB still does not have this ability.  Sending this report direct to the ATO.

It would be idea, especailly when we put on over 800 staff in a matter of a couple of months in the peak fruit picking season.

Please advise that this is being looked into.

HunnyR
1 Post
Cover User

I agree that having the ability to lodge ATO forms would make life a lot easier and quicker instead of using the old fashioned mailing system. 

Caryn-ACES
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No way of finding out if this is available yet?  This thread is years old...why is it not available?

Caryn Hill

Katameljo
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I cannot believe that MYOB is still NOT SBR enabled. Why I cannot lodge a simple TFN Decleration through MYOB is a joke. Zero were all over it Years ago.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed.

On the flip side, Xero wont print a Standard Super Choice form for you, something that MYOB will do.

Choose your evil Smiley Sad

HK78
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Please get this feature done and dusted, this should be an absolute basic if you are going to offer a payroll solution