Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to create own report

Contributing Cover User

13Posts

86Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New
New

Hi, 

I've been struggling with MYOB for a while trying to make the custom report I want and finally dropped the idea.

To create a custom report: I need to open a prebuilt report, then select the field I want/don't want and then save as a custom report. 

Main problem is predesigned reports have a limited list of available fields to customise the report. And I lose time going from one to another to finally find the predesigned report that is close to what I need and then customise it. Even so, result is not perfect and I still have a lot of work to do on the file.

I would be awesome if we could create a custom report from scratches without being linked to a predesigned one. Then we could select just the fields we need, order them the way we want and finally have a real full custom report that fits our needs !

"Full custom reports"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi there @Khman,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The pre-built reports were essentially created to help businesses avoid the hassle of needing to manually extract the information they wanted. The ability to customise these reports were, again, to assist in avoiding the hassle of needing to produce a new report from scratch (i.e. allowing clients to simply make small modifications to an already existing report). Having said that, we can certainly see how building a report from scratch offers more flexibility to those who have specific reporting requirements.

Anyone else who would like to see this feature in the software, please cast your vote by clicking on the thumbs up icon.

25 Comments
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @Khman ,

It sounds like you want a report that will show for each individual Invoice the Ship to/Delivery adress presumably to help you to organise your delivery runs?

Our Addon solution BI4cloud Business Intelligence will allow you to flexibly report over the various fields and dimensions on every Sales Invoice. 

As a simple example see below, this shows a selection of columns that you can choose to wshow or hide:

• For a selected date range ( you can even choose a specific day or week)
  • Invoice Number
  • Ship to Compoind that shows the full Ship to address in one string /one field
  • Ship to Name
  • Ship to address broken down by Street/City/State/Postcode - we can only get this further breakdown when you have each Ship to adress setup as a separate Customer card and then use the option to Select customer card in the Ship to field 
  • See Report by "Ship to" not just "Invoice to" Address in MYOB

Ship to by Invoice.png

The Above report is able to be created in all of our versions:

• Lite version ( $20+gst/mth) Create the report each time you need it
  • Professional version ( $40+gst/mth) Create the report once and save to reuse over and over; or
  • Enterprise version ( $60+gst/mth) Create the report once and save auto email out daily/weekly/monthly to reuse over and over

I know you say you only want this one report but you will also get all of our other reports included in the above pricing.

We have many other customers in the packaging business who also love our reports covering:

So please do the free trial and I can help you to see how your Ship to data can be used to report then you can determine if it saves you time and improves accuracy.

Jennifer Kelly CA

BI4Cloud

02 8011 1511

bi4cloud.com

madau
1 Post
User

It would be really helpful if we could get an Actual Cash Flow monthly.  My other programme does this with no problem.  At the end of the year I just have to import an actual cash flow into a budget format and the programme does the rest. Then I have the whole year broken down into months at one glance.

For budgeting purposes a monthly cash flow report is necessary, especially for farming.

Kim173
2 Posts
User

Has this ever been acted upon? Is there now a method to fully customise a report, I am unable to find? Thenks

Airv888
4 Posts
User

New user here. Want to see if fully customized reports feature has been implemented?

Agree that the existing report modification process simplifies reporting for most users, however having a fully customizable report function will benefit those that has previous report creation experience. 

Alb_Engineering
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

Hi all,

my suggestion would be some sort of Crystal Reporting solution.

Unless there are add-ons that are suitable for this purpose.

Cheers,

Jason Young

Office Administrator

Albany Engineering
Western Australia