Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to produce reports for more than current, next and last financial years (historical information)

Cover User

7Posts

84Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

It is very frustrating that reporting is not available more than the 12 months prior to the current financial year. Now that we have been in the business for nearly 5 years we would like to look at and analyse how we have performed.

It seems without accessing and restoring prior years data this is not achieveable. What a HUGE let down. This should be a simple process, that is not time consuming. I have not worked with accounting packages before that dont provide this.

I believe this is something that should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

"Historical Reporting"

Balance Sheet
Profit & Loss Statement

General Ledger 

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

From AccountRight 2020.4, users can produce reports for the current, next and past financial years.

The AccountRight browser also allows the user to select dates that fall in different financial years for reporting.

36 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Kym__Yeoward, the Account transactions (Accrual) report can be run for prior years. There's no opening/closing/running balance. I'd like to see a GL summary report that could be run for any prior year, in support of this transaction report.

DuncanS
Ultimate Partner
1,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Kym__Yeoward @Mike_James

Further to Kym's comment, there was a recent request to MYOB for a 5 year P&L.

As the year is now closed not rolled and I believe the data can be saved for up to seven years then I believe that MYOB should make the reporting and search functions much more useful.

Duncan

Lyn_Williams
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

The GST Detail report doesn't show details of the past financial year. 

My file is 2016.2 and current year is 2017 but cannot look at GL Detail for 2016 financial year.  Even though the data doesn't purge from 2016. 

I would like to be able to group accounts together and see the gl total for multiple accounts in 2016 for a prior year while listing totals at period end etc which would be the GL Detail Report.  Can this be fixed please in 2016. 

You can use the GL transactions (Accruals) but this doesn't list totals for the period which is a big help in budgeting.

thank you

Lyn Williams

CC

Stephennnn
4 Posts
Cover User

When will this ridiculous notion of only being able to produce P & L reports in this manner be dropped so that reports can be done across whatever period is chosen, whether it is older, more current, or across financial years? 

Goodo
2 Posts
Cover User

Based on the fact that the ATO requires us to be able to provide / keep financial records for 5 years and payroll records for at least 7, it seems bizarre that we can only access reports for 1 year of historical data.  Without saving copies of the reports at the time, what are we meant to do without having to restore backups which seems to be a waste of valuable time.

Stephennnn
4 Posts
Cover User

I have to agree completely with Tricia.  These reports should simply be available in the MYOB software with the requirement for add on.

The MYOB response is typical of a software company not bothering to listen to its users.  They state themselves that there are many reports that can be run for any period.  OK, so the data is there.  Why would this data not be available for the most basic of reports - a Profit and Loss Account? 

Stephennnn
4 Posts
Cover User

The restriction on reporting by Last Year This Year and Next Year really needs to go.

Users and their accountants often require balance sheets and profit and loss accounts for multiple prior years, either to analyse, generate reports for bank finance purposes or for preparing a business for sale.

The data is already retained in the MYOB file - for example you can run a sales register report for any selected period.  You should not have to access prior year back ups and/or perform multiple roll backs.

Further, cross period reporting should be enabled eg to run calendar year reports, or FBT year reports.

It should be a simple simple fix that MYOB continues to ignore.  As as an accountant in public practice this singular issue has me recommending Xero & Quickbooks.

MYOB, please start to listen.  The development time to implement this must surely be negligable but would have a significant impact for your users.

Stephennnn
4 Posts
Cover User

The restriction on reporting by Last Year This Year and Next Year really needs to go.

Users and their accountants often require balance sheets and profit and loss accounts for multiple prior years, either to analyse, generate reports for bank finance purposes or for preparing a business for sale.

The data is already retained in the MYOB file - for example you can run a sales register report for any selected period.  You should not have to access prior year back ups and/or perform multiple roll backs.

Further, cross period reporting should be enabled eg to run calendar year reports, or FBT year reports.

It should be a simple simple fix that MYOB continues to ignore.  As as an accountant in public practice this singular issue has me recommending Xero & Quickbooks.

MYOB, please start to listen.  The development time to implement this must surely be negligable but would have a significant impact for your users.

Michelle2016
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

Is it possible to print a Profit & Loss report for a Job that has entries over two financial years? Eg a Life to date report.

Currently I print a job transaction report as that doesn't restrict entries to financial years.

Thanks

Michelle

SPerera
Trusted Cover User
39 Posts
Trusted Cover User

With reference to Account Right Live, MYOB does not have the capability to produce some current financial year (2018/19) reports without closing the last financial year (2017/18).  Let's say, If I need to see my P&L for July 2018, I can't produce this report unless I have closed 2017/18. I don't believe, only giving the option to work on the file but not giving the option to produce vital reports are good enough. MYOB need to fix this limitation.