Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to produce reports for more than current, next and last financial years (historical information)

Cover User

7Posts

84Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

It is very frustrating that reporting is not available more than the 12 months prior to the current financial year. Now that we have been in the business for nearly 5 years we would like to look at and analyse how we have performed.

It seems without accessing and restoring prior years data this is not achieveable. What a HUGE let down. This should be a simple process, that is not time consuming. I have not worked with accounting packages before that dont provide this.

I believe this is something that should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

"Historical Reporting"

Balance Sheet
Profit & Loss Statement

General Ledger 

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

From AccountRight 2020.4, users can produce reports for the current, next and past financial years.

The AccountRight browser also allows the user to select dates that fall in different financial years for reporting.

36 Comments
PaulKnight
2 Posts
User

I have been told the only way to get data from years gone by is to retore each year and get that report.  Why can we not put in date perameters say 2012 (when I started using MYOB) and present and get a report to cover the entire time span?  Sad I say, just sad.  We pay a lot for a program that is limited and restrictive. Me not happy! (:

prospect
1 Post
Cover User

I completely agree. I am trying to run a business with PLANNING and BUDGETING. Being able to look back only one year and budget forward only one year is incredibly limiting. It is a big wrench to move to a new system but with only one year's history at my fingertips and only two years in any one backup it is not such a big move to change to another program that will give me longer term history and budgeting. Actively going to see if I can find something. My old simple cashbook software had way more functionality in this respect

SMC1
1 Post
User

When its required by the ATO to retain records for up to 7years I find MYOB AccountRight inefficient to support.  MYOB account right reporting only allows 3 year periods.  I just went to run all my 2018 reports and I can't because you've got FY20/21 (which hasn't even started) taking up one of the years. The instructions I've found to get previous reports is complex and time consuming and problematic for a novice (locate and restore a backup from before the financial year was rolled).  It could be very costly if I have to ask my accountant. 

When are you planning to make more years available? You should at least have 4 years where one is taken up for a new year that hasn't started. As an interim solution can you run these and provide them to us?  

I wanted to run monthly and yearly P & L statement reports for the past 5 years so I can prepare a summary spreadsheet/report showing the history and trends to help guide the business.   

chrissya
9 Posts
Cover User

It would be nice to be able to report more than two years on the P&L.  Theres many years data available in MYOB but no way to collate it in P&L form to see trends without sending to excel and mucking about with it in there.  I have many clients who would like to see 3-5 years worth of data reporting, and would use this function often.

JB336
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I would like the ability to produce a report that is not fixed to one financial year e.g. Jan to Dec which is in line with our business' performance. Is this possible?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

From AccountRight 2020.4, users can produce reports for the current, next and past financial years.

The AccountRight browser also allows the user to select dates that fall in different financial years for reporting.