Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to use product shortcuts to open windows

526Posts

40Kudos

25Solutions

526 Posts
Super User
Australia

I am not using 2013 as yet as after 20 years of using MYOB I find that I can no longer easily process entries using shortcuts and the keyboard as quickly as before. The shortcuts don't seem to be available at all once in the reports so if I am looking at a report and want to enter a journal quickly to clear a balance for example, I can't just enter Ctrl G and look at the balance while I enter the journal and press enter or Ctrl enter to complete the journal. This makes my processing slow compared to previous versions.

"Shortcuts & reports"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2014

Hi Elizabeth_Adamson Thank you for your feedback. The reason why you are unable to use the short cut options for recording a transaction i.e. CTRL + G to bring up a Journal entry after displaying a report in AccountRight 2013 is due to the fact that the program produces the report in a separate window within Windows. This has been a change from older versions of the software for example AccountRight version 19 when it would display the report within the confines of the program's one window within Windows. If you would like to see the shortcut options still work when doing Reports in AccountRight 2013 do please comment and vote if required.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Elizabeth_Adamson Thank you for your feedback. The reason why you are unable to use the short cut options for recording a transaction i.e. CTRL + G to bring up a Journal entry after displaying a report in AccountRight 2013 is due to the fact that the program produces the report in a separate window within Windows. This has been a change from older versions of the software for example AccountRight version 19 when it would display the report within the confines of the program's one window within Windows. If you would like to see the shortcut options still work when doing Reports in AccountRight 2013 do please comment and vote if required.