Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Cash Flow Analysis

Cover User

1Posts

110Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Where has Cash Flow Analysis gone. I don't know of any small business operater that doesn't rely on cash flow analysis 30/60/90 days, It's been in every version of MYOB that I am aware of, why omit it now? Please bring it back, it is a major oversight!!! I know you now have business insights but if you are a small business operator and not an accountant then this doesn't give the basic information we need!!!

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range.

64 Comments
ecgetaways
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also require the Cash Flow Analysis report as it details all the bills due in the next month from our various bank accounts, which is then exported to Excel and I get a total of all the bills due.  We are also a small business operator - I have been using this feature for the last 10 years.  I wont be using the latest version until this report is re-introduced.  Please help asap - thanks.

ecgetaways
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I require the Cash Flow Analysis report as it details all the bills due in the next month from our various bank accounts (see sample attached).  This is then exported to Excel and I get a total of all the bills due as well as all recurring transactions due in the next month.  We are a small business operator - I have been using this feature in older versions of MYOB for the last 10 years.  I wont be using the latest version until this report is re-introduced. I cant understand why this report would be omitted. Please help asap - thanks.

TMc
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I was really disappointed not to have the ability to look ahead into the cash flow. It is so easy compared to doing your own analysis, which is fine but more time consuming. The information is all in MYOB please bring back the Look AHead 30 days function.

jpg485
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

This is a really useful report and as an accountant, I have recommended the use of this to clients to assist in management of cashflow - seeing the actual dollars that make up the 'required bank balance' is better than any graphical representation - bring this report back to AR 2013 please!

DuncanS
Ultimate Partner
1,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Jocelyn,

I am impressed that as an accountant you assist your clients with cashflow.

My hope with Cloud Accounting is that many more Tax Agents will become regular Business Advisers.

MYOB has a Cash Flow Statement which traditionally reports on operating, investing and financing activities.

The most common question from business owners may be "Where is the Cash".

The Cash Flow Statement will show whether the proprietor is drawings more money than the profit.

I have not used the CashFlow Analysis Report with clients but can appreciate the importance of knowing when outflows might occur - internet banking has improved this information over the years.

I would suggest that a snapshot of future cash outflows should be an essential part of a dashboard.

Why is it that Tax Agents do not provide a Cash Flow Statement in a Special Purpose Financial Report?   Is it the cost? Is it that Financial Statyements prepared some 10 months after 30 June (especially if no tax planning has ocurred) could be deemed to be compliance obligation for the ATO.

Lets hope that many more business owners have Tax Advisers who take an interest in the business continually during a FY.

GBMW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

SAVE OUR SMALL BUSINESSES - CASH FLOW REPORTS ARE VITAL

Please bring back this report! For the past 6 months I have attempted to manually receate the same report but find I am wasting valuable time every week.  It is very frustrating as a small business owner to have a vital business tool taken away. Please look after the small business owners out there and reintroduce this report. Thank you

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range.
sahm
1 Post
Cover User

Please can we have a cashflow analysis report.  Its really helpful to see what comes in and goes out each month and see why the P&L profit is not in the bank account! lol

Can you please tell us if it is on the agenda to return?

Hope
1 Post
Cover User

I am currently managing cash flow via an excel spreadsheet, which means double entry of all inflows and outflows. Please bring back the MYOB cash flow analysis report.

Loganbear
1 Post
Cover User

Anybody remeber the cashflow forecasting facility in First Accounts?

I have avoided upgrading (until XP died), because that facility was so useful.

Any way we can have that back as an option. Far as i can see, no add on product does the same job.