Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Cash Flow Analysis

Cover User

1Posts

110Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Where has Cash Flow Analysis gone. I don't know of any small business operater that doesn't rely on cash flow analysis 30/60/90 days, It's been in every version of MYOB that I am aware of, why omit it now? Please bring it back, it is a major oversight!!! I know you now have business insights but if you are a small business operator and not an accountant then this doesn't give the basic information we need!!!

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range.

64 Comments
SmartAcc
Partner
1 Post
Partner

This was one of the major selling points for MYOB against competitors software - no-one has a good cash flow analysis, and yet MYOB has removed theirs and not reinstated it.

Play the long game and work to strengthen your advantages MYOB, return Cashflow to the offering. Stop pandering to short-term shareholder profitability requirements and build a better more competitive and differentiated product

Bostock
5 Posts
Cover User

I agree, I too enquired as to the removal of this. 

getting tougher to convince clients to stay with MYOB

KellieTLS
1 Post
User

How is this still under consideration since 2012 & why has is not been implimented yet when it is a vital tool for small businesses.

Ktw
4 Posts
Cover User

Agreed. This is such a vital tool and now requires exccessive double entry and use of spreadsheets to track cash flow projections.

Does anyone know of a workaround to at least be able to export payables using excel, which we can then sort using the payment date? The Payables To Do List is unworkable as I cannot find a way to remove the asterisk from overdue invoices, rendering the date cell unuseable.

Maryke
6 Posts
Cover User

Very disappointed. Just Moved to 2018.2 from 19 and SHOCKED to find the cash flow analysis gone!!!! Please, please, please bring it back. This was one thing that separated MYOB from the rest.

robcraw
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner

This need has been on the table now for years. Is anything going to happen with this Cashflow Analysistool that exists in the Classic versions?

It is long overdue and a vital resource for SMEs

Garrido
1 Post
User

Please bring the cash flow analysis back!

BatteryMan
4 Posts
User

I have been holding out from upgrading to AR2019 as we relied heavily on Cash flow analysis in V19, unfortunately due to STP we had to upgrade, but are totally lost without this tool as it is the basis for all small business.

ablaze
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User

yes this is important to most business's 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Move to AccountRight, they said. It has all the features of Classic and more, they said.

Why is it that every time I turn around, there's another feature or report that was in Classic/Desktop and is either not in AccountRight, or doesn't work.

When weighing up many years ago, whether to make the change, not a single MYOB staff member mentioned any of the things that had been dropped from the classic version, other than multicurrency, which I didn't need anyway. At least you could have been up front about it. Still waiting for report fields to be added back in. Still waiting for emailable receipts. Still waiting for responses to previous forum posts. Still waiting to remember why I choose to work for companies that use MYOB.

Can the Cash Flow Analysis Report be reinstated manually for a company file? I've recently changed employers and now would find this report very beneficial. I said, sure, I can do that, there's a report that will do it....

But noooooo. MYOB decided to drop that useful report too. Very curious to know how and why these decisions are made. Especially when your own forum moderators almost always agree when a suggestion/request is made in the forum or the ideas exchange, that "yes, I agree it is useful". This particular report has a post in 2015 saying "we...do hope to see it re-incorporated into AccountRight at a future stage". 

I know there are bigger problems in the world today than my frustrations with MYOB but why should we pay extra fees for an add-on for a report that used to be provided when I was assured we would not lose ANY functionality when we "upgraded".

Is there any way to get this report back?

*Views are my own, and not necessarily those of my former or current employers.

MYOB2.jpg

MYOB3.jpg