Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Cash Flow Analysis

Cover User

1Posts

110Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Where has Cash Flow Analysis gone. I don't know of any small business operater that doesn't rely on cash flow analysis 30/60/90 days, It's been in every version of MYOB that I am aware of, why omit it now? Please bring it back, it is a major oversight!!! I know you now have business insights but if you are a small business operator and not an accountant then this doesn't give the basic information we need!!!

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range.

64 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

So many responses in this (and other) thread from MYOB staff 
"Thank you for the post and all your comments. We request others to Vote and comment on this idea so that our Developers can get an idea on how many users would like the Cash Flow Analysis report brought into the new AccountRight range."

Really, this is not the best way to get this feedback. I know many other users who express frustration with MYOB but don't have the desire to come and waste time in this forum. We just want software that works the way it's supposed to. 

markplayer
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The Cash Flow Analysis report is essential for all businesses. Why was it omitted from AccountRight Live Plus? Please bring it back ASAP.

markplayer
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would it be possible to add a new MYOB report to AccountRight Live Plus that creates a projection of future cash flow requirements. QuickBooks has a great feature called Cash Flow Planner. Something similar would be great.

It should both look ahead at already entered sales and purchases, but also look back at previous history of things such as recurring transactions, regular or periodic income and expenses, taxes, payroll, credit card bills, and then predict cash flow requirements.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Yeah. Great idea. Or maybe, even better idea, MYOB could just bring back the report they used to have, that did exactly this. You could vote for that over here too: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Report-Cash-Flow-Analysis/idc-p/647057#M210... Smiley Happy

PMcF
1 Post
User

I agree, I work with a number of clients who generally have a bookkeper/admin doing a plethora of tasks and inputting into multiple models is not realistic.  As we are adding all of this information into MYOB anyway, a simpel cash flow forecast would be a very handy and highly valued addition.    

Peter-Lowa
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

I would like to have a report that forecasts all cash movements (not a budget) based on orders and bills that have been entered into MYOB. It should include all of the following transactions:

- Sales Orders

- Open Sales Invoices 

- Purchase Orders 

- Open Purchase Bills

Ideally it would show the expected cash inflows and outflows on a week to week basis (e.g. week ending 01/12 would include all of the payments or receipts due in that week)

Expected payment due date can be based on either promised date or payment terms

SteveHooper
3 Posts
User

I cannot believe they have taken away Cashflow Analysis. What basid financial report do all business need to make....Cashflow Forecast.

Makes you want to consider other solutions like Xero. I have been using MYOB for over 25 years, and this makes me now open my eyes to other solutions. 

Site-ExPL
5 Posts
User

So is anything happening with this report..? Are you going to put it back on or not..?

Hold on.. I'll answer the question myself.

At this stage - 9 years after this issue was first raised - we are still considering adding this feature in future releases of the software, as such we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Just popped in to say, your self-answered question has made my day @Site-ExPL. Thank you. Smiley Happy

RVN
1 Post
User

Please can Myob bring back this Cash Flow Analysis report - critcal for every business

Why was it removed from Accountright Premier 19?

Thankyou