Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Include account number tickbox on report filter page

Experienced Partner

25Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

The new release of AccountRight Live 2013.4 is great.  However, although the Export to Excel option is now available, it only runs and exports without the account numbers.  The workaround is to display the report first and then hide or unhide the account number before exporting to Excel.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a tick-box on the front filter page to include or exclude account numbers for reports like the balance sheet or profit and loss? And perhaps another tick-box to include or exclude accounts with zero balances.

Harry Linden

Lakesview Consulting Pty Ltd

"Include account number tickbox on report filter page"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Great suggestion. This seems to be a very popular idea. Anyone else who would like to see this bought into the product, please vote for this idea.

28 Comments
SueWhyalla
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

@DavidOsterlund

A quick solution is to put the report together how you want including the account numbers and then save it.

That will be in custom reports and you wont have to add account numbers on that report again. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Although the account numbers were not in these reports by default it was much easier to turn on. BUT I would much prefer for it to be on as the default .

cheers David 

SueWhyalla
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

@DavidOsterlund

True however there are also plenty of people not wanting the account numbers for their financial reporting.  Especially Board Reporting etc. 

So I suppose you can't please everyone.  Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DavidOsterlund

Thanks for the feedback in regards to AccountRight and account numbers.

I have merged your idea (and comments) in regards to this similar idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Ian_Barfoot
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Hi Guys & Gals at MYOB,

I am requesting that rather than having to go to the 'Insert/Modify' tab and then into 'Show/Hide (columns)' to show 'Account Numbers' on the report could we get a check box on the 'Filters' tab possibly under the other two check boxes. More efficient and possible consider more check boxes so the user does not need to traverse multiple dialogue boxes to achieve a simple outcome.

Regards

Ian Barfoot

Allertonj
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

I've been asking for this for years, such a small change but a huge improvement for me. Can't believe MYOB hasn't changed it yet!

@HarryL wrote:

The new release of AccountRight Live 2013.4 is great.  However, although the Export to Excel option is now available, it only runs and exports without the account numbers.  The workaround is to display the report first and then hide or unhide the account number before exporting to Excel.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a tick-box on the front filter page to include or exclude account numbers for reports like the balance sheet or profit and loss? And perhaps another tick-box to include or exclude accounts with zero balances.

Harry Linden

Lakesview Consulting Pty Ltd

HarryL
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

I must say that I am overwhelmed by the numerous comments on this topic since I initally posted it back in 2013. All very good and relevant comments. It shows that we are all on the same page.

The idea has been given the status of "Under Consideration" quite some time ago. Yet there has been no progress on this fundamental requirement for reporting.

I am hoping that MYOB will seriously take this on board in the next release.

Harry Linden

Lakesview Accounting Solutions

Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Here is an example of the unnecessary complications in running a MYOB Report:

Whenever I run a Trial Balance, I like to have the account numbers on the report.  This can be done, but it is long winded.  You have to run the report, then click on Insert/Modify, then click on Show Hide, then click on Show All, then click on OK (at this pint it shows the account numbers on the sreen display but if you hit Print, they do not print on the report), then click Print Preview (then it will print with the account numbers).  Too many steps!

The only alternative to the above that I am aware of, is to create a custom report that includes the account numbers.  Generating this report requires less steps, but you have to generate the report (or click on the Advanced Filters button) before you can choose the date that you want it for.

I think for all reports, you need to have more report/filter options on the front screen of the report generation area.  There is room on the screen, so use it.  Why not not save us 'clicks' and time by putting all of the filtering options on the front screen?

Thanks.