Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Job reporting to show cost per hour for employees (i.e. superannuation)

Cover User

1Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

When I set up a new employee in the "payroll details - time billing" section I entered a "cost per hour" figure which represents an overall cost to the company of employing the person.  This figure includes; superannuation, payroll tax, long service leave (WA) workers compensation and a percentage of overheads.

We use timesheets to record the employees hours and process payroll.  When processing payroll, I could allocate the super element manually but that does not take into account the other associated costs also each employees time sheet could be allocated to more that 10 "job" activities per week and we have 35 staff.

When I run the Job Profit & Loss Report, the wages value shows only the gross hourly rate of the employee and does not factor in the actual "cost per hour" of that employee thus understating the cost of wages on that job by over 20%.

In consultation with technical support I have discovered an "est cost" as an additional add on in a time billing report, which correctly calculates the actual cost, however this "est cost" is not available as an add on in the Job Profit & Loss report. 

Can you please adjust the Job P&L to include the "est cost" figure instead of the gross salary, this will solve the inaccurate reporting and overstating profits on individual jobs.  And keep my boss happy!!!

"Job Profit & Loss - wages figure inaccurate"

5 Comments
Souter
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any update/response to this request?

Naval_Base
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

Any updates on this?  We are also wanting to run job Analysis Profit and Loss Report but needs to be using the cost price of an employee and not the hourly rate of the employee.

Thanks

Kat7Kalgoorlie
1 Post
User

I would like MYOB to add into their update an automatic cost allocation for superannation as hours are entered in timesheet.  I have multiple staff and doing this manually is a huge amount of time I think should already be fed from timesheet entries.

PFF
1 Post
User

Hi,

Yes it takes forever.

Have to journal to varous jobs.

CaseyWoz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

this would be awesome as I am also having to manually calculate a percentage per job, weekly for over 60 employees.