Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Option to turn off currency symbols

Cover User

1Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I am an Australian Chartered Accountant, currently living and working in Indonesia.  Most clients are still using excel for their accounting management, and I would like to move them to MYOB.  The cost to buy the software outright has been prohibitive, until now.  With the ability to subscribe to AccountsRight Live, clients now have a very cost effective option for a full, user friendly accounting system, and I would like to make this option available to clients.

The primary issue is the currency symbols.  In Indonesia, the currency is not dollars and cents.  It would be ideal if we were able to 'turn off' currency symbols on reports, so that we can use the reports more effectively.

Please consider adding this feature to the reporting module.

Kind Regards,

Suzanne

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2018

We are currently working on multiple currencies in the AccountRight 20xx range, while we think it is important to include the ability to exclude currency symbols on reports this is not something that we able to deliver in the immediate future.

11 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Suzanne,

if you select Indonesian as the language in the control panel /regional settings you will get  the currency as Rp.

Will this help?

Cheers

David

Steph-Jada
6 Posts
Cover User

Please bring back the tick box in preferences which allows users to include or not include currency symbols in reports and in forms (cheques, invoices, etc.). This was a feature available up to v.19.5 and has disappeared from the new versions which is very frustrating. Our client wants, and in some occasions needs, to create invoices without the symbol.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Stephanie,

This issue was raised back in February 2012 (Over 18 months ago) and it remains unresolved; it will probably come right when the new AccountRight Premier product is released next year.

In the meantime a workaround can be found in this forum discussion Turn off "Show Currency Symbols in Windows

Make sure you enlarge the images attached to that discussion; to make them readable please use your mouse to click inside of them. They will then be presented enlarged in a new browser tab.

Kind Regards
Tony Lane - Tazinx - Penguin - Tasmania

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Suzanne,

This issue was raised back in February 2012 (Over 18 months ago) and it remains unresolved; it will probably come right when the new AccountRight Premier product is released next year.

In the meantime a workaround can be found in this forum discussion Turn off "Show Currency Symbols in Windows

Make sure you enlarge the images attached to that discussion; to make them readable please use your mouse to click inside of them. They will then be presented enlarged in a new browser tab.

Kind Regards
Tony Lane - Tazinx - Penguin - Tasmania

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. As Tony mentioned, this is a known issue that will be fixed in a later update. Unfortunately we don't have any timeframes however it's likely around the time AccountRight Premier is released as this has a Multi Currency feature.
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. This is an issue that we are aware of and are planning on updating, I'm sorry that we don't have any timeframes at this stage, however it's likely around the time AccountRight Premier is released as this has a Multi Currency feature.
sallypal
1 Post
Cover User

We are now using Accountright 2015.4 SE.

I would like to see a option to not have the $ sign both on screen display as in the bank register and also in reports. I can only see one  option in the Preferences /Windows tab but nowhere else.   

We are multi user does everyone have to have the same preferences for it to work?  

GEOFFS
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

Setup/Preferences/Windows and also  ~/Reports and Forms do not have the options to include or EXCLUDE currency symbols.  These options are important to my clients because EXCLUDING the symbols makes reports and documents much easier to read. ( I spent a couple of hours about 2 years ago at MYOB at The Glen looking at proposed screen layouts and functionality and this omission was communicated to MYOB in very strong terms - was the visit just for show, was anybody actually listening?)

GEOFFS
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

This is not just about foreign currency symbols! It is $quite $difficult $to $read $a $report $where $every $figure $has $a $currency $symbol $attached, isn't it ? This option has been in MYOB since the dinosaurs were bad, and should never have been left out of the AccountRight designe.  "No timeframe"is pretty unsatisfactory as an answer, too.

GEOFFS
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

Planning on updating !!!  Since 2013 !!!!  I was invited to MYOB to look at the new AR about then and made it quite clear that REMOVING this option which was in Premier and AccountRight "classic" was obviously and oversight - and was assured the it would be changed.  $Like $when?