Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Simplified customisation processes

MYOB Staff

43Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

43 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia

The whole process of trying to get what you want in your report is now way too complicated when you look at how easy it was in previous versions. 

One of the big complaints of people purchasing MYOB previously was that it was a complicated programme (I believe because you really needed some accounting knowledge to be able to use it successfully) - but now they have only made it more complicated.

"Make the process of customising reports simpler"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

Reports in the AccountRight browser interface are easily customised using the PDF style templates for easier production of PDFs. If you are wishing to easily customise the report on screen you would use the screen report toolbar once the report has been generated - here you can set your filters, accounting method and other options as well as add columns using the Customise button. Check out Customising reports for more information on this topic.

15 Comments
carmen
Partner
62 Posts
Partner

Hi Tech Team,

The Card List Detailed report in 2012.10 does not give me the Field Options as does V19.7.  When I select Additional Fields I get to choose the User ID, what is the use of the User ID! Please bring back the "Report Customision" window for ALL reports.  This was less time consuming and a lot a options.

Thank you

Carmen Geeves

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree and have voted for it.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Definitely need this back please - sometimes I'm only looking for a few field's info, not all of it.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Carmen,

You appear to have confused 'Field Options' with the 'Additional Filters' option which is the only option in that report that has any reference to 'User ID' and it is new.

The 'Report Customisation' window does still exist for all reports; all you need to do is click the 'Insert/Modify' tab of the report to do your customisation.

I have done a comparison between outputs from both V19 and V2012.10 for the Card List [Detail] Report and have found that there are 2 minor omissions from V2012.10 (Card Status & Tax ID), however there are other additional labels and values.  You are welcome to contact me at the email address shown below my signature on this comment for that output comparison in PDF format.

I have reported the omissions stated above, separately to MYOB Development.

Kind Regards
Tony Lane - Tazinx - Ulverstone - Tasmania
Email: myob4me@tazinx.com.au

Running AR2012.10 with "Win 7 Home Premium on Intel Core i5CPU @ 2.80GHz 3.00 GHz 32-bit, 4GB (3.23 GB usable RAM) desktop PC and 400GB Free space"

This is general information only and you should consider if this is appropriate for you.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Tazinx - the problem I have is that I don't want all of the details, sometimes I may only want the customer's name and phone number.  In the old (NZ) v19. you could choose your fields you wanted to show, whereas in the new 2012 versions you can't.  It's all or nothing.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Julie,

Please refer to diagram below, right click the image and click 'Save picture as...' option from the drop down list to get an enhanced  version of it.

All you need to do is click 'Insert/Modify' tab then click the 'Show Hide' icon to reveal the 'Show/Hide Columns' screen to show or hide 'Columns in your report'.

You could even click the '<< Hide All' button and start from scratch selecting only those columns you need to appear on the report.

Customer Card List Detail V2012.10- Columns in your Report.jpg

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

OK, found that (but can't get your picture to show) - and to be honest - the whole process of trying to get what you want in your report is now way too complicated when you look at how easy it was in previous versions. 

One of the big complaints of people purchasing MYOB previously was that it was a complicated programme (I believe because you really needed some accounting knowledge to be able to use it successfully) - but now they have only made it more complicated.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

So now how do I run this report consecutively (not each card on a new page)

carmen
Partner
62 Posts
Partner

Getting reports in 2012.10 is very time consuming and not as efficient as 19.7!

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

I have marked this as 'Already in product' and created a two new ideas

"Allow cards to be printed consecutively (not one per page)"

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-print-multiple-cards-on-one-page-...

and "Make the process of customising reports simpler"

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Make-the-process-of-customising-reports-simp...

Please add your vote to help us understand the priority of this idea.