Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Underlining of subtotals/totals

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

I have just migrated a data file from V18.5 to AccountRight 2013 and now when I print the reports all the underlines for my totals and sub totals go right across the page rather than just under the amount columns.

These are the daggiest looking reports I have seen in a long time.

Support tell me there is no option to have these lines appear as they did before.

Surely, if you need lines across the entire width of the page, you would simply turn on the Row Shading option?

"Report underlines"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Hi AlanT, thank you for your feedback. We're always interested to know what improvements our users would like to see, could you let us know some changes that you would like to see in the reports?

8 Comments
Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

H Alan,

Here's hoping MYOB updates the layout of the reports.

The only advice i can provide would be to download our BudgetLink software which can allow you to run your reports using MYOB data, straight out of excel.

It provides a lot more reporting functionality, and best of all, there is a free version you do not even need to purchase (we only charge users for the hard stuff).

It can solve your issue of needing pretty reports. Being excel based, you can format them exactly as you want to present them to the board, or managers.

Feel free to give it a try.

Best of luck.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Nic, thanks for the suggestion.  I'm actually a VBA programmer myself and this is exactly the sort of thing I've been doing.

I'm just disappointed that they have managed to make the reports look even worse than they were before.

Alan

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi AlanT, thank you for your feedback. We're always interested to know what improvements our users would like to see, could you let us know some changes that you would like to see in the reports?
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Matthew,

With the older versions of MYOB, the financial reports (BS & PnL) printed under lines beneath total figures such as:

OldReport.JPG

Neat, clean and simple.  The reports from 2013.x print the under lines so they go all the way across the report such as:

NewReport.JPG

I find this new look very ugly and unprofessional.  I would like to see an option that allows the underlines to be formatted similar to the older, cleaner style. 

There is already an option to replace the underlines with shading, so perhaps this could be added as a third option to the drop down list called Row Shading in the Insert/Modify section of the report window:

NewOption.JPG

I look forward to this option being added and please let me know if you require any more details about this suggestion.

Regards,

Alan

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Thanks for the detailed screenshots and clarification @AlanT.  This has been most helpful in understanding the major differences between versions. 

If any users would like to see this, please show your support by adding a vote or comment. 

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Barry_C

Any movement on this request?

I just took on a new client and moved him to AccountRight Live.  When he saw the reports, he hated the look with the lines all the way across the page his comment was "My old DOS software generated reports that were easier to read than these.  Can I export the report to Word so I can fix it up?"

Please, can we get some feed back about this.  Has it been under consideration long enough?

Thanks,

Alan

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT,

Unfortunately we do not have an update on when these changes will be implemented.

I have brought your suggestion to the attention of our developers and hope for it to be included in a future update.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Suja_P 

It has been a while now since I first asked about this (over a year) and numerous updates have been released since it was changed to 'Under Consideration' , but still no joy.

:-(

Alan