Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Automatically add Surcharge if customer pays via EFTPOS or MPowered Invoices

Trusted Cover User

35Posts

62Kudos

3Solutions

35 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

After an extremely frustrating chat with MPOWERED sales today, I'm here.. .offering a tip for the community to consider.

Increasing my existing clients are asking for credit card facilities.

My discussion with MYOB was how to integrate a set percentage ie surchange into the payment if a client chooses to pay by a means other than direct funds transfer to our bank account.

I understand many retailers factor that into their fees, we're not in a position to do that, and I'd like to give the person paying the option as to the way they pay us and how many credit card fees are attached.

(Similar with what happens when we pay our utilities or even insurance bills)

Please MYOB consider it, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this frustration.

"Automatically adding Surcharge if client pays v EFTPOS or MPowered"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion. We are, of course, happy to consider this to be added into a future update. How exactly would you like to see it added to your Invoices? Any other users who would like to see this added please do make sure to vote and comment on this idea.

12 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion. We are, of course, happy to consider this to be added into a future update. How exactly would you like to see it added to your Invoices? Any other users who would like to see this added please do make sure to vote and comment on this idea.
JayA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would be saying it would be a special line item that has the ability to change the invoice total.

then we could do '10% discounts' or '2% surcharges'

Kylie-NCO
1 Post
Cover User

With the increase of use of M-Powered services and credit card merchant fees, I believe AccountRight should implement some way to making the credit card surcharge payable on the invoice if that payment method is used.  

For example having the pre-GST amount, GST Amount and total amount of the invoice, but then having a field or something that can calculate a surcharge - or total including the surcharge - to be shown in the "pay by credit card" section.  If I could create a custom field showing 101.4% of the total that would make payment for clients far easier.

At the moment we can't allow clients to calculate it themselves as they never seem to do it right, and usually just ignore it.

Is there a workaround?

Lakey
1 Post
Cover User

If the payment method is selected as Visa or Mastercard then the option of an additional box with a set percentage rate (that we can set or adjust) added to the total of the invoice

GEMonster
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We want to pass the merchant fees onto the client, if they choose to pay by credit card. I would like to see MYOB allow a rule calculation for credit card fees (for us it is 12 cents per transaction, plus 2.25% for Visa and Mastercard transactions), so the client can see when then invoice is printed how much to pay by EFT and how much it will cost by credit card.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@GEMonster,

I know this doesn't apply to the software.

Something to be aware of here is that some banks at least (BNZ here in NZ) only issue one card which is an eftpos and visa debit in one card so we are unfairly charged credit card fees.

It should only be if someone selects "credit" that they are charged the extra fee.

Thanks.

Lee82
2 Posts
Cover User

+1 for this feature. my attempt at a clear definition is:

"Allow adding non-inventory items to the Invoice/Order that calculates as a % of the current total. This would need to be selectable to apply to all items, or just tax inclusive items or just tax exclusive items in the Order/Invoice.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Lee82

Thank you for your suggestion for the added inventory item to add a percentage to the total. This is a very good example of how this would work if implemented.

I have shared your feedback and suggestions with the team. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kat,

As you have SHEARED it with the team i wonder if you could post a picture so we can see how they now look with bald heads!

Cheers

David

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @David_Cree

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have corrected the spelling above.

Regards,

Kat