Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Change of decimal places on values

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Our company deals in small items that are sold in vast quantities. The unit pricing on these items have at least four decimals places and when dealing with quantities anywhere from 10,000 to beyond 50,000, a mere $0.0001 can make a difference.

When entering Sales Invoices MYOB AccountRight Plus (v2012) has the ability to accept entries with as many decimal places as I need, resulting in the correct total on the invoice. My issue arises with these invoices are printed or forwarded via email. This is when MYOB changes the decimal rounding to the standard two places on the unit pricing and all other amounts. The result is a lot of upset clients that feel they are being over charged when the numbers are being rounded up. This is not the case, however it can look that way.

Is there anyway that there could be a setting added that will allow the user to change the automatic rounding of numbers on invoices, leaving the rounding to be shown at the final total of the invoice.

Thanks

Jen 

"Setting the number of decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2015

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. The latest version of AccountRight v2015.1 has the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

47 Comments
keeyew
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Regret upgrading to AccountRight 2014.3 today. 2 decimal places?? 

MYOB needs to realise that there are businesses doing sales in figures of 4 decimal digits. We need this NOW!!

I cannot even begin explaining to my accountant why this is such the case now. 

SuziT
11 Posts
Cover User

Just to confirm facts - Xero forums recently added four decimal places due to user demand.

JenWestside
14 Posts
Cover User

When I asked this question almost 2 years ago, I was worried I was the only one that needed this.

StephanieLee
Experienced Partner
20 Posts
Experienced Partner

At least 4 decimal places needed is the feedback I get from clients.

Please give strong consideration!

andre500
1 Post
Cover User

I have similar problems to the above- I need invoices to print off with the price per unit showing 3 decimal places ( as it shows on the screen when I enter the sale).

I have very angry customers. (They have to double check everything now)

Our business is part of a large group that all use a different package- if this issue is not rectified I will likely have to move packages.

Class_101
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I am extremely concerned that this issue has not been dealt with ASAP by Myob and an upgrade provided.  As a Professional Partner we recommended AccountRight 2014 to a client, under the misinformation provided by Myob that basically ALL details were the same as Plus 19....obviously this is not the case.  Our client also requires more than 2 decimal points,. This is a matter of urgency for quite a number of people now Myob and something MUST be done to rectify the situation - it is unprofessional and is creating bad business relationships between the seller, purchaser and for on-sellers of your Myob products! 

SouthEast_IT
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

I also have a client who is not happy about not having 4 decimal points and manually editing invoices. They deal in shopping bags and since moving from 19.1 - 2014.3 is frustrated by this issue. I am concerned they want to back as it is taking resources out of their business on such a simple thing. Look forward to hearing when this is fixed. I also think that decimal points should be a feature to be set depending on business as I also have lots of clients who would be upset if they didn't have choice of 2 decimal points.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SouthEast_IT 

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and the ability to set decimal places. I see from the votes that you haven't voted. If you would like to show your support for the Idea, I would suggest voting for the idea using the Vote button to the left of the idea's name.

BronT
1 Post
Cover User

We also need more than 2 decimal place for our items invoices.  Becaues 2014 doses not show more than 2 decimal places we have to stay with V19 and feel we are being lift behind.   If 2014 could show 4 decemial places on printed invoice we would upgrads tomorrow. 

RogerMoore
1 Post
Cover User

We sell bulk fuel and need to be able to put the actual price per ltr on the invoices.  If the price per ltr is $1.369 it rounds it up to $1.37 which does not reflect the actual price charged to customers.  It is a real pain as we did not have this problem in the previous version we were using.