Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Change of decimal places on values

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Our company deals in small items that are sold in vast quantities. The unit pricing on these items have at least four decimals places and when dealing with quantities anywhere from 10,000 to beyond 50,000, a mere $0.0001 can make a difference.

When entering Sales Invoices MYOB AccountRight Plus (v2012) has the ability to accept entries with as many decimal places as I need, resulting in the correct total on the invoice. My issue arises with these invoices are printed or forwarded via email. This is when MYOB changes the decimal rounding to the standard two places on the unit pricing and all other amounts. The result is a lot of upset clients that feel they are being over charged when the numbers are being rounded up. This is not the case, however it can look that way.

Is there anyway that there could be a setting added that will allow the user to change the automatic rounding of numbers on invoices, leaving the rounding to be shown at the final total of the invoice.

Thanks

Jen 

"Setting the number of decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2015

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. The latest version of AccountRight v2015.1 has the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

47 Comments
Telcor_Nancy
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I need 4 decimal points also.  It is ridiculous that the upgraded version cannot do this..  There are too many problems with AccountRight.  I am going back to MYOB Plus 19, even if it means having to re-enter the last 10 days.

dubby67
1 Post
Cover User

I agree 2 decimal places is not enough.  My issue is with purchase orders.

Due to rounding I have suppliers querying the price I have in my orders.

It doesn't encourage us to use the software to its potential.

Sodders
3 Posts
User

MYOB Staff... you're basically repeating the answer which i read as "Our staff have bigger priorities such as taking long lunches, checking facebook and playing call of duty on their phone" Seriously, we put a man on the moon... so I'm sure they can code an update to include 4-5 decimals in just a few hours!!!

Brickman
1 Post
Cover User

We too require 4 decimal places both on invoices and purchase orders

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you one and all for your votes and comments. I'm happy to report that this Idea is currently in development. We expect to soon release an update with the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

woftam
7 Posts
Cover User

This has been fixed. Thank you.

Everything working great now.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. The latest version of AccountRight v2015.1 has the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

FN
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes, we have the exact same issue. Many clients unhappy with this new layout as it looks decieving. saying "our MYOB doesnt allow for more than 2 decimal places" does not sound like a very good excuse.

Regards

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @FN

This has been implemented in the 23015.1 update. You are now able to use up to 4 decimal places in 2015.1 and above. Thank you all for voting for this idea to help us get the upgrade to happen. 

Telcor_Nancy
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have just upgraded to AccountRight Plus 2015.4.0 and migrated my forms, however I still cannot change the decimal points to 3 or 4.  You say it is fixed but how can you do this.  Thanks