Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Change of decimal places on values

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Our company deals in small items that are sold in vast quantities. The unit pricing on these items have at least four decimals places and when dealing with quantities anywhere from 10,000 to beyond 50,000, a mere $0.0001 can make a difference.

When entering Sales Invoices MYOB AccountRight Plus (v2012) has the ability to accept entries with as many decimal places as I need, resulting in the correct total on the invoice. My issue arises with these invoices are printed or forwarded via email. This is when MYOB changes the decimal rounding to the standard two places on the unit pricing and all other amounts. The result is a lot of upset clients that feel they are being over charged when the numbers are being rounded up. This is not the case, however it can look that way.

Is there anyway that there could be a setting added that will allow the user to change the automatic rounding of numbers on invoices, leaving the rounding to be shown at the final total of the invoice.

Thanks

Jen 

"Setting the number of decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2015

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. The latest version of AccountRight v2015.1 has the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

47 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Telcor_Nancy, the number of decimal places is not controlled on the form. From the 2015.1 release notes:

"Unit prices on printed invoice forms now display the same number of decimal places (up to 4) as what’s entered in the Sales window in AccountRight."

So if you create an invoice with 3 decimals in the unit price, that's how it should print. (Assuming the GST status (inclusive or exclusive) of the invoice screen matches the form).

Telcor_Nancy
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi - this does not work with my migrated form.  It does work if I use the plain paper invoice.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Telcor_Nancy, you may need to re-customise the transaction table (only) of your invoice - open it up and save a copy, then start by deleting the price field and re-adding it; if that doesn't work, delete the whole table and re-create it.

MYgob
3 Posts
User

I don't want to have to use the decimal point when inputting values.  Where can I make a change to my decimal point placing?  I'm using  AccountRight V19.11. 

Thanks,

MYgob  : ) 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @MYgob

In MYOB you do not need to enter the decimal places if they are not significant. For example -

for 12.34 you need to enter the 2 places

for 12.30 you only need to enter 12.3

for 12.00 enter 12

cheers

David

MYgob
3 Posts
User

Hi David,

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself properly. I actually don't want to use the '.' decimal point key at all. Using the basic 2 decimal point value, as you can do so on a calculator or even in an Excel spreadsheet,  I would input the following:

1234   for  $12.34

1230   for  $12.30

1200   for  $12.00

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @MYgob

Your wish sounds like a recipie for disaster as users would endup inputting $1234 when they meant $12.34.

Cheers

David