Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Don't recalculate Cost of Sales after update to comment

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
New Zealand

Hi, I love the fact that we can now enter notes into an invoice or bill however it is frustrating that, because we use the foreign Currency formats in our system, if I want to go back to a previous invoice or bill and add or change a note it will often not allow me too because it recalculates the entire invoice and tells me that it cannot be changed as "This purchase of item xxxxxxx would value your inventory at less than $0.00" 

Is there a way that re-entering a note does not have to re-enter the entire calculation of the invoice/bill. There must be a way for note transactions to be entered bypassing the calculation method used to process the entire invoice/bill.

If this is ever changed are you able to let me know.

"Note on Invoices and Bills"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

6 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sue-m812

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and adding information onto a transaction after recording.

When you enter in an item invoice/purchase the cost of sales and values are calculated at that time. If you then do go back to that transaction and make a change you are causing the transaction to get recalculated and therefore if you don't have the value of stock to do that it would generate that particular error. This is as you are essentially rerecording the transaction.

I would welcome other users that would like to see the option to enter notes on a transaction without the need of refreshing that transaction to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We were using AccountEdge and when I entered creditors invoices there was a section in the lower right corner where you could add notes.  It was so handy because if there was a price difference or  a query on an invoice we could right the details in the notes section to look back on.  We really miss it and would love to see it on our invoices, there is plenty of room to put it in the lower right hand  corner.  

If anyone can tell me how to put one there I would really appreciate it.

Cheers
Karen

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Meant to say that we are now using AccountRight (online)

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Can someone tell me how to put a box in the bottom of invoices so that we can write notes.  We are using AccountRight and moved from AccountEdge.  AccountEdge used to have a box for notes in the right hand lower corner of creditor invoices and it was so handy for writing stories regarding invoices i.e. price adjustments or price agreements.  I really miss it as I have get invoices from the filing cabinet to check on price variations.

OnshoreOils
2 Posts
Cover User

Under Setup in the top bar go to "customize forms".

Choose invoices - select the invoice you wish to ad a "comment box" too.

Once the invoice has opened click on button "Fields" and you get a list of choices to add to your invoice. Chose "Comment" and place the box where you want it on the invoice and save. 

Now everything you write under "comments" when you create an invoice will be printed on your invoices.

Cheers

Randi  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages