Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Electronic refund option for customers

Partner

57Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

57 Posts
Partner
Australia

Something that has been requested at at least 3 yearly MYOB get togethers I have been to, and still not initiated.

With more and more people using electronic banking, why can we not pay a Customer a refund electronically?  Instead we have to load up our database with unnecessary.Supplier Cards in order to do the transaction.  What a waste of time, energy and bytes.

"Electronic refunds for Customers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks, Xstitcher, for your suggestion. Its great to see the support already shown by the community for this idea to be added in.

21 Comments
Inverell_Legacy
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

We are a Welfare organisation and have set up all our beneficiaries (200) as Customers.

Twice a year (Winter & Christmas) we pay each beneficiary a subsidy. Until this year, these payments have always been made by a physical cheque.  We have now made the decision to pay these subsidies by direct deposit into their bank account (ie as an electronic payment). 

I have now discovered that we are unable to create an electronic payment to Customers.  As we have 200 beneficiaries, I do not want to create a new Supplier card for each person.

We would appreciate it if you would either allow electronic payments to be made to Customers or introduce the ability to for a card to be marked as both a Customer & a Supplier.  We note that MYOB Essentials allows Cards to be marked as both Customer & Supplier.

TIA

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree - something needs to be implemented for electronic refunds.

What about creating an option of 'Supplier & Customer' so that we only need one card just like MYOB Essentials.  You'd then have both the 'Buying Details' and 'Selling Details' tabs available.

This also ensures that we have the correct contact details for these clients without needing to update two different cards.  It reduces a lot of human errors in the future.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @interAccounts

Thanks for your comments and possible ways of implementing the ability to do electronic refunds to Customers. I have shared it with the team.

Currently the workaround for paying customer electronically is to follow the steps on Support Note: Paying customer refunds electronically

WayneC
Experienced Partner
64 Posts
Experienced Partner

Any update on this?

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @WayneC,

This feature is still currently being considered by the product development team. Given the popularity of the idea, it is a suggestion that has been marked as a priority, and we are hoping to see this implemented soon enough. We are hoping to receive an update on planned features and future updates from the product development team shortly - when any information regarding this feature is available, we will update the status accordingly.

In the meantime, we highly encourage all clients who would like to see this implemented to vote for the idea by clicking on the '+VOTE' option next to the subject heading, and leave a comment as it does help our product development guage the demand for the ideas, and prioritize their work.

Cheers,

Tallie

Jaleana
1 Post
Cover User

Just wasted a good hour trying to work out how I could refund my client electronically after chat line discovered that you can't electronically pay your customers!

I think that this software should be capable of doing this or at least let you know when you are trying to pay a customer a credit  that you can't, not muck around wondering what on earth you have done wrong!

denisechev
Trusted Cover User
43 Posts
Trusted Cover User

i had the same problem, and had to create a supplier card with the bank details to be able to pay.  Of course the supplier card is not linked to the customer card, so this is not a very good solution.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jaleana

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and paying customers.

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

denisechev
Trusted Cover User
43 Posts
Trusted Cover User

i too would like to be able to electronically refund a customer. Seems like a basic function to me.

7 Posts
Cover User

Need the ability to pay customer's refunds via EFT.