Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email Packing Slip

Trusted Cover User

60Posts

29Kudos

7Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Hi. We try and minimise the amout of paper we use in the office. It would be really great if I can email packing slips to the guys in the warehouse rather than just being able to print them. I am currently printing them to a PDF writer and then manually attaching them to an email. A one step process in AccountRight Plus 2012.9 would make things so much easier.

Thanks, Jo

"Ability to Email Packing Slip"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks for your suggestion, Jo. We would certainly be happy to consider adding this into a future version, although it wouldn't be something we could add into older versions as it would be part of an update. Anyone else that would like to see this added please remember to vote to show your support.

16 Comments
GyroPlastics
1 Post
User

I agree, I would also love this capability but we are using Account Right Premier.

SAMCAN
2 Posts
User

Yes

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your suggestion, Jo. We would certainly be happy to consider adding this into a future version, although it wouldn't be something we could add into older versions as it would be part of an update. Anyone else that would like to see this added please remember to vote to show your support.
GWines
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, we have had a request from our warehouse to do the same, email invoice and packing slip instead of printing or faxing to them.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi GWines, its great to see that you'd like to see this added too. I'd really suggest voting, at the top of this page, to show your support so that the Developers can push this further up the list of enhancements.

ActionCranes
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

This has been underconsideration for a while now. Will you actually be implementing this?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ActionCranes 

I'm sorry but we don't have any news at the moment about implementing this feature. We encourage clients that would like this functionality added to continue to add votes and comments, which helps our product development team prioritise their future work.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Sgoogs
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I also need this feature as I need to send Packing slip to my manufacturer in WA while I am in VIC. Is it any closer? When and how does it become a priority?

ActionCranes
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Matthew

I note thats this has been under consideration for over a year now. MYOB needs to ensure that you can email exactly want you have the ability to print. Or else people have no choice but to print and the email functionality is useless.

I would also like to point out your idea status on the right side of the website. Ideas implemented is 5.10%, ideas being developed is 0.41% and ideas planned is 2.22%. How many ideas never get submitted as the chances of these being reality are not likely!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ActionCranes 

The normal process for an Idea posted on Ideas Exchange would go through a few stages. We would mark the post as "Under Consideration" and encourage users to vote and comment for this idea. If the idea does generate a number of votes and comments we mark it has high demand meaning we will investigate and attempt to implement that idea ahead of other ideas with lesser demand.

We do accept and judge each idea on its merits and encourage members of the MYOB Community to do so as well before voting. The way I view the AccountRight Idea's exchange is if you have an idea that you would like to see in the program chances are others may think its a good idea. This does encourage users to discuss the ideas and how best to implement the process if its a new feature or to discuss improved features.