Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email message character limit increase

Partner

6Posts

67Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Partner
Australia

Being limited to approximately 256 characters for invoice and statement Email Message text is not friendly. I would like to include a lot more detail in the Email message area for statements and invoices. 1000+ characters would be nice. 

Another feature that would be nice would be to have; 30 day, 60 day and 90 day Email statement templates (email message content). i.e. when performing a statement run if you have a 30 day, 60 day and 90 day template in the system, any clients with monies outstanding in the 90 day column automatically receives the 90 day email template, people with monies over 60 and under 90 get the 60 day email template etc. Obviously the 90 day template would be informing the client that we are about start getting very nasty. 60 day template would signify that we are terminating services, and 30 day template would be requesting that the account be paid promptly. 

"Email message content + Email statement templates"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2018

Hi Everyone

We are pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2018.1.1 you can enter up to 4,000 characters for email messages sent by the Enter Sales window. This coincides with the character limit for the To be Email tab message of the Print/Email Invoices window and the email default message that can be set.

You can see more information about this change and others in AccountRight 2018.1.1 now available

29 Comments
Christine2
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if this message box would accept more than 250 characters. It is very frustrating when you cannot write exactly what you want to say to your customer. There needs to be no limit!

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

I vote for this.

I believe this is actually part of a larger issue - that MYOBs Email sending capabilities simply don't include many features that Outlook offers. This is why i made a suggestion to add a setting to get MYOB to compose the Email in Outlook, but NOT send it (at the moment it composes the email in Outlook and sends it automatically with no way to stop it or change it) - this will allow the user to modify the contents, add attachments, etc.

Here's a link to my suggestion made a while back, although unfortunately it didn't gain any traction: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Compose-email-in-outlook-BUT-DON-T-SEND-YET/...

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Absolutely! I find the limited text box characters when e-mail very frustrating. I would like to add a personalised signature logo to my emails as well (like in outlook). And the opportunity to add in other attachments as required. 

QMTS1234
1 Post
Cover User

I have been in touch with MYOB support today in regards to the limited characters in the invoice email message.  I understand that you are allowed up to 4000 characters in the default email message but when you go to edit the message when using the Send To tab in the Invoice section it only allows 255 characters (and sometimes not even that many).  I was directed to this Forum and have since seen that others have posted about this back in Nov 2012 (Mick) and Sept 2013 (Ido) and seen that these posts are under consideration and have been commented on by Mathew_W from MYOB.  The solution I have been given at present is that whenever I wish to change my email message that I need to go into the default and change it there and then send the email and then change the default back.  This is a lengthy process and one that should not be required.  I am wondering if this issue is being fixed by the developement team sometime soon as it appears to have been going on for some time now? 

SmartAir_1
1 Post
Cover User

It says this is "Under Consideration" but the original question was posted 5 years ago.  I would like to see characters in email fields and also in the description (on tax invoice) field.  Some invoices require detailed descriptions, some emails require detailed messages.

When is it likely to be amended MYOB?

Jollyrodger12
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes please increase the charachter limit for emails! I often need to change up the default email and NEVER have enough room to put freight details or let alone anything personal! So instead, I have to send invoice to disk, write an email up in outlook and then attach the invoice to email. This way it isnt even using the email system that MYOB has created... so that was a waste of time! 

lisameehan
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would it be possible to increase to number of charterers in the message body when sending a Quote, Order or Invoice?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I am pleased to announce that we are in development of a version that will be increasing the character limit for the email message when using the Send to Email option for sales. We are looking into a character limit of 4,000 to coincide with the character limit for the To be Email tab message of the Print/Email Invoices window and the email default message that can be set.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

We are pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2018.1.1 you can enter up to 4,000 characters for email messages sent by the Enter Sales window. This coincides with the character limit for the To be Email tab message of the Print/Email Invoices window and the email default message that can be set.

You can see more information about this change and others in AccountRight 2018.1.1 now available