Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email message character limit increase

Partner

6Posts

67Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Partner
Australia

Being limited to approximately 256 characters for invoice and statement Email Message text is not friendly. I would like to include a lot more detail in the Email message area for statements and invoices. 1000+ characters would be nice. 

Another feature that would be nice would be to have; 30 day, 60 day and 90 day Email statement templates (email message content). i.e. when performing a statement run if you have a 30 day, 60 day and 90 day template in the system, any clients with monies outstanding in the 90 day column automatically receives the 90 day email template, people with monies over 60 and under 90 get the 60 day email template etc. Obviously the 90 day template would be informing the client that we are about start getting very nasty. 60 day template would signify that we are terminating services, and 30 day template would be requesting that the account be paid promptly. 

"Email message content + Email statement templates"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2018

Hi Everyone

We are pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2018.1.1 you can enter up to 4,000 characters for email messages sent by the Enter Sales window. This coincides with the character limit for the To be Email tab message of the Print/Email Invoices window and the email default message that can be set.

You can see more information about this change and others in AccountRight 2018.1.1 now available

29 Comments
stephen
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also want the amout of characters to be increased. When sending a quote you cannot present a professional and engaging amout of text to secure the business, meaning a further email from your email program.

Not real flash and certainly not what I see from MYOB itself when recently receiving quotes.

RKEC
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi All,

If you ever need more functionlaity that the basic dunning/reminder letters in MYOB, I would suggest you check out the MYOB Addon - ezyCollect

Just as a heads up, we help business to better manage the receivables process. Let’s face it, reminding your customers about those unpaid invoices is a pretty onerous task. Think of the time spent on phone calls, emails, sending statements etc - costing you thousands of dollars each month.

There has to be an easier way right? Well now there is, and it’s called ezyCollect

ezyCollect helps you get paid faster by connecting to your MYOB account and finding all your outstanding accounts receivable invoices. Within a few quick steps you’ll have a customised template that can be automatically emailed to clients who have not paid by the due date – just the thing to keep cash flowing into your coffers.

You can set reminders to go out just before the due date, right after and at intervals right up to the dreaded “Final Demand”. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that though!

Sounds great so far, but what about those customers you need to keep sweet no matter what? ezyCollect has thought of that: you can prevent reminders being sent to particular contacts or for certain invoices.

Watch this video to see how ezyCollect integrates with MYOB - and if you have the time check out this Case Study that show you how one of our customers improved cash-flow by 50% in just the first 60 days of using ezyCollect.

Thanks  - and if you have any questions or need to talk - please buzz AJ on 0431 249 330

Violinistic
1 Post
Cover User

When sending an invoice in the 'Enter Sales' tab there is a maximum of roughly 50 - 60 words allowed in the message area of an email. It would be incredibly usefull and less frustrating if the email length was unrestricted. Another nice touch would be to have the option of changing the font, size, colour and basic text setttings.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No programming language will give you the ablilty for unrestricted but most will allow a large amount of text.

Mic_Gorman
1 Post
Cover User

The limit on the size of the email sent from MYOB AccountRight is driving me crazy. When are you going to fix this. MYOB is so unintuitive and has too many restrictions. Fix it please.

Michael

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mic_Gorman

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea

As mentioned previously the character limit has been expanded for the Print/Email Invoices>>To be Emailed tab if you do require a longer character limit for emails.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Cheryl16
1 Post
Cover User

255 characters for the email message box is often not enough. This problem has been listed as 'solved' however it is not solved - the problem still exists and it shouldn't be that hard to change. It is frustrating to be mid sentence and not be able to finish the email. Even the MYOB tech guys had no solution except to appeal to the software designers on this forum. Pleeeease!!!

Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I Agree!! It is very annoying! We put the freight info in the emails when we sent our invoices. So by the time we say which transport carrier and what the tracking number is, we bearly have enough space to say "thanks for your purchase!" 

Please fix this! 

Mark_D
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

I would like to ask that the Text Body Limitation be extended.

When you send an Invoice to a client, the popup appers with the default message and you can add one or two lines of additional text before clicking on send (this text gets added to the mail body of the message).

Sometimes I would like to add more information.

Please expand this limiatation.

Thanks

Mark

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mark_D

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight

I've merged your idea with this similar idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.