Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enable quotes to be closed off when not converted to invoices

Experienced Cover User

15Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I currently have several open Quotes which have been submitted to Customers but they have decided not to go ahead. I would like to be able to close these off so that I can maintain a history rather than just delete them.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Great idea Marg. Anyone else who would like to close unused quotes and retain them, please vote for this idea, so that we can see how popular it is.

25 Comments
XLNT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Tony, I went to the "new idea" Enable Quotes to be Closed Off when Not Converted to Sales  as you suggested & have voted for it  Smiley Happy

stucky
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User

1. Closed (or Invoiced if you like) are different to Declined

2. The way I see it:

a. Quote is "Open" until a reply is received

a1. Customer accepts - quote status can be changed to "Accepted"

a2. Customer declines - quote status is changed to "Declined"

3. Accepting the quote does not mean an invoice is created. It confirm the sale. The job may take 2 months to complete and quote remains as "Accepted".

4. When job is completed, material is supplied, etc, etc the quote can be converted to an invoice

That is when the quote should change to "Closed" or "Invoiced".

5. The same way the invoice then shows in the activity field "Created from Quote###" it should also have a similar activity field in the quote maybe with "Invoice created IV###". There may be instances where a job is part invoiced (deposit) with the balance invoiced at the end. By having the activity field, one could see all invoices created from this quote.

Stucky

stucky
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Great to see that the cross reference field is now in the quotes. It is very handy. Could the status column in the main quotes list be changed to "Invoiced" when the quote is converted? Could a report be created that shows the "Accepted" quotes in a selected period, therefore giving you the sales for this period? Stucky
interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree, this needs to happen as its regularly used as a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) by business owners to see what their conversion rate is.  This then lets them know whether they are loosing too many quotes and then be able to make the necessary business decisions to improve their conversion rate.

Studio04
5 Posts
User

Yes, another one here that requires this function to measure the convesation rate.

Dianna_Blake
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This function has been "under consideration" for over 18 months now - is there any indication of whether or not this will be developed?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments, all the feedback has been passed to our developers. Unfortunately at this stage we do not have a time frame available.

Your votes would help our developers prioritise their work, please keep the votes and comments coming if you are interested in this function in AccountRight.

mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

i used to use crm which let you set a date for when the quote was won or lost and then enter a note about it - why it was won or lost - it is very annoying whenever i entere a sale for a certain custommer and the pop up list with 20 quotes on it appears and i have to dselect new sale every time. they should be saved in a list like the job list where you can see the quotes via customer etc and also won/lost

mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

include the sales reps name field so we can run a report to see how many quotes are won/lost and if we need to fire someone

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @mcv

Currently you can select a salesperson when recording quotes, you can then customise the Sales Register Detail report to report on quotes only, as well as showing the salesperson field. When the option of closing quotes without converting to invoice do get implemented, it would be a good idea to be reflected on the Sales Register Details report as well.

I have shared your comment with the relevant team. Anyone else who is also interested in this idea, please keep your votes and comments coming.