Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enter Sales - Ability to select packing slip for printing

Cover User

1Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

Before the last upgrade we were able to print a packing slip without printing the invoice first. This has changed and now we have to print the invoice to be able to print the packing slip. The issue I have with this is most of our customers have their invoice emailed to them which means we are throwing away the printed invoice, which is a waste of paper and toner. Can it be changed back to the old system?

"Print packing slip from edit invoice window"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi there @Mike_James and @CBS001,

Thanks for that feedback. While the option to print a packing slip without the invoice is already a feature available in the software, we do agree that perhaps there may be improvements that can be made to the process to provide our clients with a more efficient method (such as implementing an option to print packing slips straight from the order/invoice window).

As such, I have changed the status as undergoing consideration. Anyone else who would like to see this incorporated within the program, please comment and vote by selecting the '+ VOTE' button next to the subject header.

Kindest,

Tallie

34 Comments
gabisquestion
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Using accountright 2016.2 no longer gives the option to only print the packing slip from the order / quote / invoice screen. the need to go to PRINT change to PACKING SLIP etc etc is inconvenient, especially as it was a very useful feature in V19 and Premier.

Can you consider restating this feature.

Thanks

Gabi

jallen29
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB checked our file and we cannot print the packing slip first.  Changing the advanced settings had no effect.  The only way to do this is to change the printer to a pdf for the invoice and then it will come up with the second pop up to print the packing slip.  Apparently printing a packing slip does not work in the live version.  Come on MYOB we need to print packing slips for orders not invoices everytime we want to send out goods.  This is a basic function.  It doesn't need to be complicated.

Fiona_S
4 Posts
Cover User

Would be great if after entering a new order you could have the option to Print a Packing Slip.  Currently you have to go into Print/Email Invoices window and change a lot of options then print the packing slip.

"Print Packing Slip from New Order or Invoice"

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Fiona @Fiona_S

in the Setup / Preferences / sales tab there is an option available to Print Packing Slips when orders are printed, as well as an option to Print when sales including orders are recorded.

Capture.JPG

Have a look at that and see if it does what you want.

cheers

David

Fiona_S
4 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for your suggestion David.  Only problem is, this also prints an invoice.  We only need the packing slip printed at that point.  

Would be ideal if you could pick packing slip under Select another form in the print menu.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Fiona, @Fiona_S

When you were using the Classic version 19 you were able to cancel the invoice printing and then the Packing Slip print box would appear  so you got what you wanted.

Unfortunately in the new v201x versiuons this does not happen when you cancel the invouce print. such a shame and one for the myob developers to address.

However there is a fairly simple way round this. i suggest that you customise your Invoice form to give you only the detail you want for the Packing Slip and name it as such. You can then  select this as Another Form from the print menu.

cheers

David

Fiona_S
4 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for that David.  Hopefully the developers address it in the next update!

I will try customising a invoice as you suggest. 

MJansen
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I'd love to see this option.  We run a remote office in Tasmania, and would like to be able to either print to PDF and email or email directly from the order screen the packing slips directly to the farm in SA.  Once all the orders are packed and confirmed then we email the invoices to the customers.  We never actually print a physical copy on site in the office, unless we have to snail mail the invoice.

ChareneMPaper
Experienced Cover User
73 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Have they resolved this yet?

Kind Regards,

Charene

DanT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@Tallie_M I am unable to find the VOTE button but am definitely a supporter of this request. 

Has this product seriously been around since 2015 and this not addressed yet?  I've only just been able to migrate due to the lack of multi-currency support and even that process was a rigmarole in itself but some basic lack of functionality like this is what I would expect from a first release not a product that has been in the market for over 4 years.