Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enter Sales - Adding columns to Service layout

Cover User

16Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Cover User
Australia

How do I go about adding extra columns to a service invoice. Some of our invoices have over 30 separate items with two separate bits of information for each item. I have difficulty in keeping things aligned so want to have two columns in the text section and still use the tab button to move from one to the next

"Columns in sales invoice"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: August 2012

Thanks for the feeback. We don't currently have plans to add data columns onto invoices but there are some existing functions in the product that could assist you. One is to use the Jobs function as this provides a Job Number, Name and Description which can be added to printed invoices. The other possible option is to use Items, you could define your standard services as Items and each item has the ability to store extra custom fields which can be added onto printed forms. I hope this is helpful.

9 Comments
Clive
Ultimate Partner
3,343 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi

Unfortunately, this is not possible in MYOB, either in the current release or in previous releases.

Regards

Clive Williams

HMS_001
16 Posts
Cover User

Thanks

Is it possible to add columns to an invoice in a different layout

Clive
Ultimate Partner
3,343 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi

I would have thought that an item invoice would be more suitable as you can have the item number in one column and the description in another.

Regards

Clive Williams

HMS_001
16 Posts
Cover User

Yes I have tried that but with limited success. The problem is that description of each individual job varies. An example could be

XXX - XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXX                   (ID name of job)

XXX - XXXXX                                            (ID Name of Job)

XXX - XXXX, XXXXX                                 (ID name of Job)

It is difficult when doing 30 or 40 per invoice to get them all lined up and if you don't, it just looks unprofessional. What I want are two descriptive columns, the first with the job number(s) and the second with the ID name of the Job. That way the starting point on each column is always fixed

Clive
Ultimate Partner
3,343 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi

If you are using MYOB jobs the columns for job number and description are available, otherwise you may be able to use a 3rd party add-on like Smart Reports to do this for you.

Regards

Clive Williams

easybusiness
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User

Hi

If you used a third party program you could get the item description split out into different columns if the item description followed a strict naming convention and there was a clear way that different pieces of informaiton were separated.

This could be done by something custom being written, the invoice layout could be copied and then the sales data read from MYOB and then printed.

HMS_001
16 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Grahame / Clive

It is all getting a bit complicated. I just thought an extra column could have been added like excel or tables in MS word. Maybe MYOB will work on it although I would be much happier if they could just speed it up a bit.

Anyway thanks for the input

Clive
Ultimate Partner
3,343 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi

It has not been possible to add columns in the last 20 years and I have seen nothing to say that MYOB will add the ability to have user defined columns in the database.

Regards

Clive Williams

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feeback. We don't currently have plans to add data columns onto invoices but there are some existing functions in the product that could assist you. One is to use the Jobs function as this provides a Job Number, Name and Description which can be added to printed invoices. The other possible option is to use Items, you could define your standard services as Items and each item has the ability to store extra custom fields which can be added onto printed forms. I hope this is helpful.