Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Extend payment terms wording i.e. Net 7 to be 7 days

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New Zealand

The default payment terms currently available are too short and need to be able to be customised.

For example if you choose payment within 7 days, the terms on the invoice come up as "Net 7". Is this 7 days, hours, months?

I understand you can work around this by hard typing in the invoice template or even using a comment, however my comments is working around another issue.

Any ideas?

"Payment Terms"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2014

Thanks for the idea S Skinner. I can certainly understand having the terms display in whole would be a lot more helpful. We would love to hear from others on this. Please add a vote if you would like more detailed terms displayed.

5 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea S Skinner. I can certainly understand having the terms display in whole would be a lot more helpful. We would love to hear from others on this. Please add a vote if you would like more detailed terms displayed.
Farmalinx
3 Posts
Cover User

I have voted for this, simply because I want an option like:

"number of months after EOM" rather than number of days after EOM.

I am tired of having to continually worry about February havong fewer days and then my payables and receiveables accounts do not show up as due at the end of the month.

Thank you

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your vote and comments @Farmalinx, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight. I have passed your comments on to the relevant team. 

MIB_accounts
3 Posts
User

When terms of payments are displayed, only a number appears. 

For example, if terms of payments are 7 days, on the number 7 appears, no "days" behind.

This is an issue because not every customers have a 7 day account therefore I cannot enter a box with the text "days" as it is overlapped by longer term payments.

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi

in the customise form field try making the terms field larger to accommodate character number

hope that helps

Lisa