Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

504Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
arbange1
6 Posts
Cover User

Can we have the option to scan & link a customers Invoice to ""Spend Money" as well as "Purchases"

Thank You.

Fiona_S
4 Posts
Cover User

Would be great to be able to add an attachment to a sale/invoice, just for our records, similar to 'In Tray' perhaps.  Could attach client order forms, or any details relating to the sale....  

Equus
Partner
1 Post
Partner

We would LOVE to see the IN TRAY feature in the SALES command centre. We have a number of clients that receive RCTI's and this would make things so much easier. Come on MYOB - BRING IT ON!!!

SamIAm
Experienced Partner
31 Posts
Experienced Partner

I am finding it more and more time consuming have to take a photo or scan a receipt, load to my computer to the Intray then add to a PO.  Another issue is to beable to attach a receipt to a SPEND MONEY for the small stuff.  Surely these arepriority fixes for MYOB to quick scan receipts like you can in Xero and Quicken.  When are we likely to have this option?  The ATO is going to expect at some point that all receipts will have to be in soft copy form.

Also - the intray option is ok - however I don't believe you can print from MYOB the linked invoice nor email it. This is frustrating if I need to work with an attached invoice.

I would have thought that at least the scan receipts would have been a priority fix?

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I sincerely agree with all your points, Sam! Thank you for responding. I fully agree in particular with being able to attach a receipt to the spend money section.

LakesideSue
3 Posts
Cover User

we should be able to add all docs to tray including DOCX and add to Bills or Sales

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

A Sales In Tray would streamline our record keeping and help remove exposure to non- payment of invoices. We manufacture trays and trailers for the transport industry. Each job can be anywhere from $50-$150K, and as such, we do not begin fabrication without a valid sales order from our customers. An In Tray for Sales would neatly link each job to its specific sales order within MYOB, instead of having an external record keeping system.

DazedNConfused
Experienced Cover User
49 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes! I'd love to see an in tray for both sales and spend money! To have all the docs linked to an order would make life so much easier in a shared work environment!!

DazedNConfused
Experienced Cover User
49 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Also, the ability to upload multiple docs on to the one invoice would be fantastic!

tassiehunt
1 Post
User

This is exactly what we need.  Need to attach all documents to a sales invoice