Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
Jill10
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Given that we can already do this with purchase invoices it would be great to be able to the same with sales invoices.  We'd like to be able to attach documents against a sale invoice to keep a record of job dimensions directly with the customer invoice, instead of having to store them manually in a separate filing system.  Being able to attach an image or two also would be really beneficial!

Cadicka
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would second that idea as it would be benifical for all MYOB users, because you can add Purchase Orders and signed POD documents to a specific invoice as we would like to go paperless. Then we don't have to keep signed POD & purchase orders in files.  I don't think you need an IN TRAY, just the abillity to attach a document to a sales invoice.  I've created my own in tray on my computer and I import all documents from there to my MYOB in tray, because I transfer all documents to my computer in tray to add to my MYOB in tray, not sure if there is another way to direct imort it to my MYOB in tray.  Please, please & please Smiley Embarassed

I-am-a-believer
7 Posts
Cover User

It has been a few years now and still we don't see an out tray to add purchase orders or even emails requesting the sales items.  Is this still being investigated.  Thanks

FarmMark267
1 Post
User

It would be good to have this feature in Sales - since it is already in Purchases, it should be in sales, too!

KeepingMyBooks
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yep i have so many clients with sales invoices generated from the compnay they sub contract to  eg aborist and also farmers i attach the livestock sales to purchases at the monet with the commison expense but the poor sales need the info attached for it to be easier for the accountant !!

Ellis1
1 Post
User

Would like to be able to attach remittance advices to the invoice.

elizabethm
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Great idea, don't know why it wasn't implemented in the first place.

Emma_M
8 Posts
Cover User

I am eagerly awaiting the ability to attach documents to sale transactions.  Come on MYOB!

RocketRos
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Transport businesses need to attach three documents to sales invoice emails. They want to be able to drag and drop into attachments 

All-Bolts
4 Posts
Cover User

To have an intray for debtors would be very helpful as well