Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
DanielleGW
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

When will this happen?

It's fine to say attach to the customer card, but when we have multiple sales for one customer, we need to attach POD to the individual sales.

Jill10
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

@PET wrote:

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Danielle I agree, I have multiple docs scanned against customer cards, it would much more practical do be able to attach documents to the actual transaction invovled rather than all lumped against the card itself to have to sift through

LynnH
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

I am thinking that just might have to look at Xero for this functionality

urbanoutlook
1 Post
User

This is what we are urgently requiring to ensure all purchase orders from our customers are recorded with the sale and can be sent with the sale for customer referencing

HayleyBrett
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to be able to attach a document to a sale, the same way you can attach a document to a purchase. I believe this feature would be beneficial to everyone wanting to keep records.

mareecav
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User

I agree totally, some of my sales have anywhere up to 50+ items with descriptions, weights, amounts and quantities needing to be manually entered onto the sale. Attaching the docket would save so so so much time for me on a daily basis!! Please add the 'In Tray' capability to the Sales.... :-) 

LeeanneN
5 Posts
User

totally agree the adding of a photo/invoice should be for spend money, sales, purhcases - all the same 

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is a fantastic suggestion Hayley,

As a transport company we're required to send the corresponding consignment note/s or other supporting documents with all our invoices but to do this we have to generate the Invoice in MYOB then email it to ourselves so we can attach whatever else we need ... and then send the email to the client from outlook. Creating a lot of extra steps just to send an Invoice.

In saying that, using outlook is actually prefered in those cases where we've been requested to resend "missing/lost/misplaced" invoices because we forward them on in their original email trail. 

JMaf
2 Posts
User

Yes agreed,  this would be extremly useful.  To be able to attach the customers purchase order to the invoice would be great.  This would save a lot of paperwork. Xero has this function in their package.  It allows you to choose whether to send the document with the invoice or just to attach it for your own records.

Please MYOB developes make this essential software change ASAP.

Thanks

ElleB
4 Posts
User

I support this suggestion Hayley.  Should all be streamlined and the same as purchases