Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
Annmargaret
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Absolutely excellent idea.  It should be able to upload the original request/quote correspondence so I can quit printing it all out

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If this suggestion does become available, I'd like to add that it would be super helpful to be able to drag and drop directly from an email, rather than as we're currently required to do through the 'Purchase' module, which is to either A.) Save the document/attachment and then upload it or B.) Drag and drop it from the email to our desktop first and then drag and drop into MYOB. 

SJ-newgen
1 Post
User

I agree!!!  

Lucindavillegas
1 Post
User

Hi,

I think that this would be a really good function to have. Especially to keep plans, job cards and purchase orders filed and stored in one place.

Is there any plans for this function to be added? 

MelBurns
1 Post
User

I do a lot of invoices each week that will require a copy of delivery dockets attached to the sales invoice to be emailed to the customer. To date, I have been printing each sales invoice and manually scanning the invoice with the delivery dockets (which can be up to 20 dockets per invoice). I believe Xero has a feature available to upload documents you wish to email with your invoice and was wondering if this feature could be available in MYOB AccountRight Plus?  As you can appreciate the current process I am doing outside of MYOB is time-consuming and also open error like emailing the wrong customer the invoice.

Can someone please get back to as soon as possible mel@dmburnstransport.com.au as I need to make a decision on whether to continue using MYOB or change to Xero.

Thanks Melanie

MLSLZ_4
2 Posts
User

Totally agree!!!

Would also be great to be able to add remittance from our customers when payment is made

SMPFAB01
1 Post
User

Thanks for putting it out there.... hopefully the Tec-sperts will add this feature sooner rather than later... Smiley Happy 

Greg-N-SMITH
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Dear MYOB
Please allow Attachments for all transactions - Receive Money, Enter Sales, Payroll and Record Journal Entry.

Is there any reason why with price increases this has not been done ?
It has been a while since I suggested that MYOB allowed for GST in Journal Entries - Version 10 I think and Done
Regards
Greg N Smith
Accountant for 2 MYOB Users

RobDorr
4 Posts
User

This is my issue as well. Most of my clients are in the agricultural industry and most of their sales are made via way of customer produced  tax (sales) invoices. with the various deductions for levies (no gst) and freight, commission etc.  This tax record of the sale and its deductions should be able to be attached to the corrosponding sales invoice we raise in MYOB on behalf of the seller/client.  There are many other cases or instances outside my issue where one may like to attach a record of whatever to a sale.

Presently the client collates  (or looses) this info in arch binders and/or somewhere in their emails which is archaic.

If a sales intray a big issue for MYOB just the ability to attach a document from (say) our desktop would be a great step in the right direction.

You can do it in Xero!

JBFibreglass
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree. We are in the truck repair business and regularly have to send photos to support our quotes. We add these in as attachments when sending from the system however the only way to find them again is via the email chain (assuming we've sent the email to ourselves).