Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Farm45 

yeah I've been following this for ever & put my 2 bobs worth in.

Do you run microsoft 365 system on the farm? This is how we handle these documents now, and will make full switch soon to business central..

If you do already run microsoft 365, and you have this much use for a sales in tray, you would be 1000% better off making the switch to business central in dynamics 365.

After you have a chat to a sales representative who will scope out your needs, and set you up with the right free, 30day obligation free, trial. You'll be blown away at how low cost it actually is, and the benefit gained for your business. Forget Exo or Advance if TO < $5mill, this is way more affordable and you can ditch myob subscription. it will look after you right up through & into a your dream fortune 500 company size.

This url takes you to a microsoft info page, at 1st you'll fall off your seat at the price, after some study and talking with a sales person youll see how superior it is and how much cost saving it will deliver, have a look, do your research : https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-au/business-central/overview

have fun.

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User

Hope this is on the list to add to MYOB shortly.  We need this urgently! Thanks Deb

tpfind8884
5 Posts
User

We really need to have a in box for sales to allow for po ect be added onto the job they do it foe spending so why not sales 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @tpfind8884 @DebS_5 

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll relay this idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Cheers,

Princess

Helgas
2 Posts
User

Add a Document Feature to MYOB sales,  Please!

Hey MYOB Team,

I've been using MYOB for a while now, and there's this one feature I'd absolutely love to see – the ability to attach documents to sales records.

It would be a game-changer for me. I deal with tons of documents, and having them right there with my sales info would be a massive time-saver.

I know MYOB is all about making life easier for users like me, so I'm throwing in my vote for this feature. Can we make it happen sometime soon?

Thanks heaps!

Marjorie61
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

On the live MYOB products you can add documents in PDF, JPEG or PNG format and less than 10MB to the bottom of a sales invoices. You can not do this on desktop versions of MYOB.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 182355.png

matt_jb
4 Posts
Cover User

tks Marjorie61 for yr advise yesterday,  its a game changer for me and now Ive also discovered the "myob capture" app so my crew are all getting started on this right away.

good luck out there,

rds,

matt_jb

Nobo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If you attach a document to a sale in MYOB live .. how is the attachment presented to your client with the invoice?

Surely, it can't be too much of change to carry forward this functionality to the desktop version. For us 'live' does not have the flexibility with tailorable invoices and I suspect documents in general, as we need when and others with a company that has several trading names. 

eftl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree with Nobo.  The online version is clunky, I much prefer the desktop version.  If attaching a .pdf document to a sales invoice is available in the online version, then why not in the desktop version, unless you are intending to phase out the desktop version???  If not, how hard could it be and how many people have asked for this???

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
120 Posts
Trusted Partner

Users have been asking for the sales in tray in the desktop version since MARCH 2015!

I suspect MYOB have no interest in continuing with the desktop version