Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include (Card) Contact name on Enter Sales window

SRK
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand

Our company sends invoices to more than one person in a company.  We also use jobs.

Our usual protocol is to address them to the contact who approves them and also copy them to the accounts department or person.

Currently I have two ways around this - either manually changing the name in the card file, or setting up two invoices using different addresses for the same client.

My suggestion is to

1) Be able to add a customer name to the sale OR

2) To be able to pick up the job contact on the invoice.

"Customer contact name on invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion. Anybody who wants to be able to send to multiple contacts and have the appropriate contact name appear on the printed invoice, please vote for this idea.

3 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. Anybody who wants to be able to send to multiple contacts and have the appropriate contact name appear on the printed invoice, please vote for this idea.

SuzyBee
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB definitely needs a better solution to having only one contact per client. We often send invoices to a range of people in the same organisation. There are several problems with this:

- I am constantly changing the contact details (and losing valuable information);

- The person printed on the Debtors listing is not necessarily the person you have to chase for an overdue account. It is simply the last contact invoiced.

MYOB needs the ability to permanently connect a contact with an invoice and could perhaps offer a drop down list for each invoice so that contacts can be selected from whomever you have dealt with in the organisation for this particular job. In a perfect world, it could also organise Statements by contacts too if this choice is selected. I have they consider this idea for further development.

SRK
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is there any progress on this idea - it seems very logical that many clients would have different contacts on invoices?