Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Invoice rounding on unit price

Cover User

1Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Description: We are selling in units of each
with unit cost say.08112 and when printing the invoice it only shows a rounded
number where the extension is correct to the quantities sold but customers are
checking the price on the invoice and recalculating and reducing the invoice
value and short paying. I have had a couple of phone conversations with Myob help line and are told it cant be fixed ! Surely it can? as we sell everything
by each and the parts in cents. I don't really want to give money away and
understand the customers point of view but it is costing me money now can
someone look into it or someone suggest a soloution? I have put a comment on the invoices saying it rounds up
at point of invoicing but they still deduct and short pay. thanks Neil

"invoice rounding"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2015.1 forms created in this version will show 4 decimal places for the Unit Price. This will provide a more accurate Unit Pirce and Total Price on the printed invoice for customers.

For example: AccountRight 2013.5 - manual calculation of Quantity x Unit price on printed invoice would be $8.343 (or $8.34 rounded)

Attachment2.PNG

AccountRight 2017.1 - manual calculation of Quantity x Unit price on printed invoice would be $8.35536 (or $8.36 rounded)

Attachment.PNG

29 Comments
Bumper
Partner
50 Posts
Partner

I think a good solution would be to have an option in Preferences for stock of how many decimal points you want to calculate to for your own business. Then it should be updated throughout the system (ie. when you enter a purchase, a stock adjustment, an invoice, build items) so that even if you use the calculator function, it still rounds it in the system to the number of decimal points you have specified.

Bumper
Partner
50 Posts
Partner

More examples of wreaking havoc

Items register is rounding the figure to 0.01

stock2.png

But when you go to invoice the figure out, you see that it is actually being rounded to 0.1. (see below)

stock figure.png

MWilliames
3 Posts
Cover User

We need at least 3 decimal points please. It wasnt a problem with our previous version. Thanks

Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The problem with MYOB rounding decimals to the nearest cent is a very anoying and important problem. We have been using MYOB software since Version 4. No prior version of MYOB had this issue. So the make you upgrade, charge you more money and then create new problems that didnt exist before. Just like buying petrol for 149.9 cents per litre, we sell small items for 15.8 cents and 19.9 cents. We might sell 10,000 or even 40,000 units to a customer so the difference is huge. The problem is that the prices appear correctly on our screen and internally in MYOB but the rounding only occurs when you PRINT the invoice and send it to a customer. They see the WRONG prices. MYOB--Shame on you. Fix this now. Dont tell me it can't be fixed. You created the error where it didnt exist before.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bil 

Thank you for your feedback

AccountRight 2015.1 does allow for the unit cost to be entered and printed in 4 decimal places like AccountRight Classic.  The Quantity column would still round to be 2 decimal places.

Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steve, but you didnt say HOW to cure the problem?!

Please see this invoice: I enter the price as 19.9 cents and it calculates correctly but prints incorrectly as mentioned by others in this feed. RoundingCentsInvoiceMYOB.PNG)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bil 

What version of the program are you using? This can be checked via Help>>About

Also I assume you have entered that transactional line into AccountRight as 0.199

Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, Steve. I entered the price as 0.199. In our previous Premier v19 (and for ALL previous for the past 11 years) it has been correct. Only since we upgraded to AccountRight Live 8 months ago did this problem appear. Our current version is 2015.1.17.580. Are you able to correct our invoice template for us. I have tried removing and replacing the ex-price field.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bil 

Could you please preview an invoice using one of the default MYOB forms to see if the price shows up to more than two decimals?

If it does, could you please go to customise forms and open both your form and the default one, delete the table from your custom form and copy the table from the default form?

Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
I phoned MYOB Tech support on 26 Feb at 10:15. On hold for 47+ minutes. Issue: Item invoice rounding to cents instead of showing decimals of a cent when the invoice was printed. It showed and calculated correctly on the screen. But when you print and send to a client, the line item price displayed incorrectly rounded to 2 decimals. Ritika was helpful. The issue occurred with an item invoice template imported from Premier 19.10 into AccountRight cloud version. Ritika had me hide and redisplay the ex-price field. Did not resolve. She asked me to check a standard MYOB Plain Paper invoice. It worked correctly showing 4 decimals on the printed invoice. We gave up trying to fix the imported template. Instead I rebuilt my custom invoice from scratch using their plain paper item invoice as a template. It now works correctly.

I spent more than 4 hours trying to trouble shoot this issue. It would have been much better if MYOB did two things: First create a support note clearly describing the problem and work-around. I checked Support Notes first and no mention was made. This would have saved me many hours wasted time, plus 47 minutes on hold and saved MYOB from an hour-long support call for a known issue?!

Second, the template import tool in AccountRight should WARN users that a known glitch exists for items with fractions of a cent in the pricing and refer them to the Support Note. This would have been extremely helpful.

I am disappointed MYOB was not more proactive on this simple, annoying issue. I know by looking at your forum that many customers are impacted by this same simple issue. 

Thank you for your help. Please consider my two suggestions above.

Thank you,
Bil