Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: One customer multiple invoices attached to email

Cover User

4Posts

100Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

If we had to send say 20 x invioces to the same customer as they have to go through each individual item within each invoice before approval, wouldn't it be better to send 1 x email with all the invoices together as your current system it sends each invoice out 1 by 1 and locks you out from using any other part of MYOB. It is taking about 1-2 minutes to send each invoice out. What pain as 20-40 minutes you cannot use MYOB. 

"Emailing multiple invoices"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for all your votes and comments. We understand you would all prefer to avoid having to approve each individual email being sent from AccountRight. As you can see in the comments below, there are some workarounds to overcome this. However our developers are looking into changing this in the future. We request others to please continue voting and adding any relevant comments. 

31 Comments
CazCooky
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When sending multiple invoices or statements you are required to allow for every individual email.

This can become quite tedious when sending say 50 or more statements in one hit.

Is it possible to have one question to check if ok to send all emails?

HAL-LAP
7 Posts
Cover User

Is there a solution for this issue? Is it MYOB or the email applicaiton issue or antivirus issue?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for all your votes and comments. We understand you would all prefer to avoid having to approve each individual email being sent from AccountRight. As you can see in the comments below, there are some workarounds to overcome this. However our developers are looking into changing this in the future. We request others to please continue voting and adding any relevant comments. 

HAL-LAP
7 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for the tip - however our client has to do a MS Office upgrade to 2013 as they are on 2003 version currently. Will test once they upgrade.

Leesa
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Looking back over the comments, I cannot believe that some date back to 2010 with the same issue - difficulty sending bulk emails! Surely MYOB could have overcome this issue within their program by now. An "Allow All" button would be ideal instead of waiting for each payslip/invoice to load before clicking "Allow" for each individual item.

Also, I'm confused as to why I can still only PRINT receipts and not EMAIL them. I guess the "bulk email" issue would appear again - having to "allow" each receipt.

Sadly, I am now at the point of investigating other accounting programs. I've had enough of paying the big dollars for a program that appears to change very little from year to year.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Leesa 

Thank you for your comment.

The Allow/Deny message that can appear when emailing is a security setting from Outlook because it doesn't think MYOB is sending the email legitimately and wants your confirmation.

This issue is mainly seen with the Classic series (v19.10 and lower) and in general doesn't occur with AccountRight Live. This is due to it using the Microsoft .NET framework for its base, which Outlook sees as a legitimate program.

This Support Note goes through some steps you can take to overcome the Allow/Deny message box.

Fixing email issues in AccountRight or AccountEdge

Some alternative suggestions are to use a program called ClickYes or take a look at this site.

http://www.slipstick.com/developer/change-programmatic-access-options/

Since these are third party options, use them at your own risk.

J8
1 Post
Cover User

Would be great if we could click the invoices and send out in one bulk email rather than individual ones or saving PDF ones and email. Very time consuming this way.

heligirl
1 Post
Cover User

This option is definitely worth having.  Ridiculous to have customers get numerous emails (some of ours up to 20 per month!)  to open per month when they could all be sent in one....

Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hmmm, not sure I totally agree! We have had a few companies request specifically that each invoice is emailed seperately and only one invoice per attachment/PDF! 

However, your idea is a good one, but there should be an option to opt in/out if this is implemented. 

MichelleAW
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree with Bellejayne as long as we can choose.  I have customers whose automated systems only accept one invoice per PDF, however there are others that would prefer a single email.