Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Pop up message to check/add customer details

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible to have a 'Sales Note' field where you can record certain notes about a customer that staff must be aware of during EVERY sale?

Currently we have a customer who needs to have job addresses appear on their end of month statement. This means our user must overtype the 'Sale Journal' field so that the 'Description' coumn on the statement will accurately show the job address. In order for staff to remember to do this it would be great if there was a pop up prompt when that customer is picked for a sale that reminded staff of this specific procedure.

I could see this being useful for lots of reasons as there are always special customers who need something different and this would be a way for users to ensure those special needs are not overlooked or forgotten. 

"Customer Notifications"

If a new notes field is not possioble for this purpose than possibly a check box below the existng notes field that said "Display Notes at time of sale"

Thanks 

Sarah

"Note Popup to show/remind user to check/add customer details to invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi @Flow

Thank you for clarifying that information in relation to your idea.

I would encourage others that would like to see a pop up notification that alerts the user to certain customer requirements or notes to votes and comment if required for this idea.

27 Comments
Tazzie
1 Post
User

Hightlighting notes is quite common in other programs even some MYOB systems I have used in the past.  It is very irritating not have the Notes Hightlighted, whether it be a popup or a highlighted tab.

Lets get this very necesary small change done in the programming, please and thank you

leahh18
3 Posts
User

Myob any closer to having this pop up option?

I need it for special price reminders. Only certain customers get a special price on some things so need it to pop up so everyone remembers to check.

PArtington
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to have a comments box in the card file for customer instructions that would pop up at invoicing time but not print on the invoice.  For example Do not send invoice with the delivery.

HDG
Experienced Cover User
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would also be good to be able to print or not print line items prices for customers.

Maree06
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I too would love to have pop up notes. I used them all the time in our old system. We used to have 'Sales Notes' and 'Accounting Notes' and they would pop up if you ticked the box 'Display as a reminder at the start of each sale/order'.

This would be brilliant

ggd
1 Post
User

I'm not sure how to vote but I have started using MYOB the past 10 months and I would use this feature ALL THE TIME.  Yes please add pop ups to customers when doing invoices.  

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,063 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @ggd

Thank you for your post. We would like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We hope you find it a valuable resource.

We understand how important this feature is to your business, and I've passed this on to the relevant team. Regarding how to vote for the posted idea, you can select the "like" button beside the comment button.

We have always valued and appreciated your suggestions and feedback.

Cheers,

Princess