Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Previous outstanding balance on Invoices

Cover User

1Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

It would be nice if when we are creating  a new sale for a existing client that has a outstanding balance that the myob programe would prompt us to add the outstanding balance to the new invoice

Thanks Craig

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi there,

I see this would be useful to have the current balance on the invoice. I encourage others that would like to see this feature to add your vote by clicking the +vote icon and add any comments.

12 Comments
Domma
3 Posts
User

I think it would be good to have an actual account balance on every invoice, rather than just on the statements.

CapeJaffa
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

I completely agree, I would like to be able to show the 'Previous Balance', 'Amount Paid', 'New Charges' and 'Current Balance' on each invoice I send out.

louie
5 Posts
Cover User

Is this possible? Can we add an aged balance to an invoice so a customer can see their running totals? Thanks

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there,

I see this would be useful to have the current balance on the invoice. I encourage others that would like to see this feature to add your vote by clicking the +vote icon and add any comments.

GraemeR
Experienced Partner
48 Posts
Experienced Partner

Great idea and can't see it would be hard to introduce - just additional field on template!

jodilewis
1 Post
Cover User

Please implement. This is really effective way to have the balance in front of the customer at all times. They tend to ignore the statements. Please consider!!!

Armillan
1 Post
Cover User

Please implement, this would really assist with debt collection.

Lawrece53
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Why does this not display as a warning when we start a new invoice?

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Would it be possible to allow the Invoices sent to client to also have the option to include the total outstanding amounts of the previous invoices?

Yes it's possible to email a Customer Statement along with an invoice. It'd be great thought to be able to also allow a new invoice to include previous outstanding amounts too.

Thanks,

DeliverIt
1 Post
Cover User

I think this is a great idea and one of the main reasons why we purchased AccountRight - so we could keep track of overdue invoices but it doesn't seem to have an option to include overdue amounts on a new invoice? I would've thought this would be a standard option, instead of having to send a statement and an invoice?