Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Progressive Invoicing - billing partial amount (%) of invoice

vhr
Cover User

2Posts

104Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

- We have just
converted over to MYOB from Quickbooks. We are disapointed with the
quote/convert to invoice system. In Quickbooks we could convert a % of the
quote or certain items on the quote. We could then go back in at a later date
and invoice the amount remaining from the quote to be invoiced. We also use
rather long descriptions in our study descriptions and MYOB does not allow
enough characters for this in the description box. These are quite basic
functions offered by Quickbooks and I believe should be in MYOB. I am sure many
businesses would want a % payment prior to starting a job?

"% invoices - progressive invoicing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion vhr, the option to convert only part of an Order into an Invoice. Other members of the community that would like to see this added, please do remember to vote and comment.

73 Comments
Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GASCOIGNE 

Could you please clarify how you are processing the orders? Are you changing them to invoices?

Have you tried going to the Sales Register > Orders to change them to invoices?

GASCOIGNE
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

We enter all our sales as orders.  When the goods are ready to be delivered (usually after 3 months from order dates), we then change them to invoices.

The time spent entering the orders is a lot longer now, since it kept being interrupted by error or MYOB have to shut down.  We wish to be able to enter the orders continuously without interruption as we did with the old version of MYOB.

We do have other problems, but this is top priority.  As mentioned earlier we have a lot of orders to enter everyday.

Regards

Accounts

GASCOIGNE
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

is it possible to turn off error pop ups?  at the moment it happened to every 2nd order i am entering, it seems to take forever to go through all the entries for the day.  HELP!!!!

Regards

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GASCOIGNE 

Currently it not possible to turn off error pop ups. Generally if an error message appears it is because there is an error or something impact on the transaction that would not allow you to record the transaction. 

I see that you haven't actually provided that error, if we could have that error it would be appreciated.

GASCOIGNE
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve

There was no errors in entry, these supposedly errors have been emailed to MYOB many times previously.  If you can check our log you can see them.  I dont see the need to resend the emails if they are reocurrings.

Regards

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @GASCOIGNE 

The error logs are sent directly to the program developers to collate and to have a look at to decide on what key features of the program need further investigating. As such I haven't managed to obtain those error logs. If you would like to supply one of the error logs and when exactly does the error message occurs so the MYOB Community can assist with those errors.

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes i agree with the option of allocating the expense of an invoice to a different date as the invoice date.   Instead i have to change the date of the invoice just to allocate the expense to the correct month.  For example when we get invoiced for our rent in the month prior, or if i receive an invoice dated in a period that has already been closed off.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rebecca12345 

Thanks for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared it with the team.

martynf
6 Posts
Former Staff

As discussed we have tested MYOB as our accounting software, however it is not suitable for our business requirements in it’s current form. This is mainly due to the restrictive way in which customer orders are handled.

We currently use (another) accounting software, and this allows us to handle customer orders with the flexibility we require. Issues are as follows:

We currently receive orders from customers on a single purchase order document. These PO’s generally have multiple different line items for different part numbers, and usually some of these line items are due for delivery on different days. We also sometimes get multiple line items for the same part number, with different quantities due on different dates. Currently with Attache we can book all line items into the system with their individual delivery dates under a single purchase order. MYOB does not allow this, as it restricts any single purchase order to a single delivery date.

Also our actual delivery dates do not always line up with the original scheduled dates, due to customers changing their requirements and production issues. With attache we can ship any number of parts from any number of line items on the same PO, and it simply issues an invoice for what we have sent and retains anything we have not yet shipped as open orders. When we then ship the next batch of parts on that same PO attache issues a new invoice with a new invoice number for all the parts on that second shipment. Again there are multiple floors with how MYOB handles this, especially the fact that if parts are placed on back order the second invoice which is issued by MYOB uses the same invoice number as the first one.

Could you please run this by your contacts at MYOB to see if they can change the programming to allow this flexibility, otherwise it will be better for us to stick with Attache.

ZZ
3 Posts
Cover User

yes.. if can account right can accomodate progess invoicing would be great. thanks