Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Progressive Invoicing - billing partial amount (%) of invoice

vhr
Cover User

2Posts

104Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

- We have just
converted over to MYOB from Quickbooks. We are disapointed with the
quote/convert to invoice system. In Quickbooks we could convert a % of the
quote or certain items on the quote. We could then go back in at a later date
and invoice the amount remaining from the quote to be invoiced. We also use
rather long descriptions in our study descriptions and MYOB does not allow
enough characters for this in the description box. These are quite basic
functions offered by Quickbooks and I believe should be in MYOB. I am sure many
businesses would want a % payment prior to starting a job?

"% invoices - progressive invoicing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion vhr, the option to convert only part of an Order into an Invoice. Other members of the community that would like to see this added, please do remember to vote and comment.

73 Comments
starmeadow
Experienced Cover User
70 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I use the "service layout" for quotes and invoices.  Being in the building industry quotes are normally invoiced at stages of the job so it would be wonderful if you could convert part of the quote to an invoice at a time and an amount of my choosing.  Different tradies have different progress claim timeframes.

Being able to convert a quote into multiple invoices would also mean that I'd want to keep the quote as well as the invoices.  It would be extremely helpful if the invoice number generated somehow linked back to the quote or, in the very least, a toggle button so you can flick between the invoice and the quote.

For example, I would like to be able to raise a quote and call it, say, 0001.  I'd then like to raise an invoice for part of the quote which could be invoice number 0001-1.  The second progress claim or invoice could be invoice number 0001-2 and so on but always uses the original quote number.  That way, when you look at the list of quotes or sales in the register it would group them together and you can easily identify the invoices that have been converted from a quote.

"Part invoices from a single quote"

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @starmeadow

If I were a MYOB Bookkeeper Partner like you I'd have an AccountEdge Pro for Windows company file created under the supplied partner S/N; it enables you to create an invoice from a quote by billing your customer for a percentage of the original quote or a quantity, rate, or amount for each line item.  Please see this link Progress Billing.

If on the other hand you desire that Progress Billing functionality to be included in AccountRight 201x products then I suggest that you read, vote and add your comments to the already existing idea on this link % invoices.

Thank you.

starmeadow
Experienced Cover User
70 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the response.  Whilst I am a MYOB Bookkeeping Partner, I don't use my MYOB software for all my clients.  A lot of them have their own stand alone MYOB software whether it be Accountright for Windows or a Mac.

Must admit I'm quite disappointed with the response - I would have thought the ability to do % invoices is an obvious feature to have.

ltel
1 Post
Cover User

There is a need to be able to record progress payments and print updated invoicing - within AccountRight Premier. This is a basic task!!!

I.e. 10% deposit, 50% on materials delivery, 20% on labour completion, 20% on completion of job.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ltel

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and ability to do process payments.

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

CGW
2 Posts
Cover User

I am surprised that progress billing is not available in AccountRight LIve, this is a request that more of my clients are asking for and the work arounds available are not really a suitable solution. Therefore, currently I have one of my clients looking for a different software solution because the progress billing invoice feature is not available in MYOB AccountRight LIve.

Daniel9
2 Posts
Cover User

Any updates on this by MYOB? as I am having the same issues

NGA-forum
5 Posts
Cover User

Is it possible to create invoices that charge a client a percentage of a fee.  For example

Fee $10,000

Amount complete 50%

Amount invoiced previously $2,000

This invoice $3,000

Utopia
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This would be an ideal feature, we are a building company and we send progress payments as the job progresses.  Would be so much easier to input all the progresses & and invoice the client as we require.  This feature would strongly help our company, and I don't have another ledger to rely upon!

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can we please have an option for part-payment invoicing? By which I mean I have a total job value displayed on the page, and I have invoice for a deposit value. For example a 10 % deposit and then a 40% progression payment. I would love if I could do this all in the one invoice instead of setting up multiple invoices.