Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Progressive Invoicing - billing partial amount (%) of invoice

vhr
Cover User

2Posts

104Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

- We have just
converted over to MYOB from Quickbooks. We are disapointed with the
quote/convert to invoice system. In Quickbooks we could convert a % of the
quote or certain items on the quote. We could then go back in at a later date
and invoice the amount remaining from the quote to be invoiced. We also use
rather long descriptions in our study descriptions and MYOB does not allow
enough characters for this in the description box. These are quite basic
functions offered by Quickbooks and I believe should be in MYOB. I am sure many
businesses would want a % payment prior to starting a job?

"% invoices - progressive invoicing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion vhr, the option to convert only part of an Order into an Invoice. Other members of the community that would like to see this added, please do remember to vote and comment.

73 Comments
kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, yes yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharmaineG
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes I agree. It's very time consuming to raise multiple invoices for the one job.

H_R_V
1 Post
Cover User

MYOB needs to change the functionality of invoicing to include being able to invoice a client for a part payment of an invoice. For example, where the invoiced amount is paid over the course of 3 payments. This is instead of having multiple lines on the invoice showing this, or putting in the comments the part payment required. This will make it so much easier for the client to understand also

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Vince,

Could you expand on this a little please.  I'm not sure if you mean that you wish to invoice a client for say $300 and have them make 3 monthly payments of $100 each, or if your client just don't pay the total amount in full?

I usually find that ifa client makes a part payment, I send them a statement at the end of the month and this shows the invoice on the date it was raised, then each payment on the dates that they were made.

Regards,

Alan

ventureES
5 Posts
Cover User

I second that - I need to be able to invoice my clients as progress claims and it needs to be easily understood and show total amount, amount paid as a $ figure and as a percentage and amount remaining....

RobsBooks
1 Post
Cover User

It would save me hours of reconciliation, I have orders that go over 12 months and are paid monthly, all  different,

Would be ecstatic if is was included

PolaBear
2 Posts
Cover User

Agree.  It is time consuming, frustrating and prone to error.  Other accounting software packages offer this,

PolaBear
2 Posts
Cover User

This feature is a MUST.  Especially for businesses in construction, where as a sub contractor, I need to part-invoice a client.  The suggestion to add a line with negative payment is clumsy and makes my invoice look unprofessional.  I want to be able to show progress payments and have my accounting software work out how much is still owing.  When will this be resolved MYOB?

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I had no idea PolarBear! Could you please tell me the name of one? I would be really interested in checking it out. It might be a game changer for me to jump off the MYOB ship as virtually all my invoicing is progressive. 

She
6 Posts
Cover User
This feature would be incredible! Whilst were not in construction, we are an RTO and our students pay for their courses via progress payments. If i could create a quote, then invoice out selected line items that would be so amazing. Currently I have to create an invoice for each unit, keeping in mind that our courses have between 15 and 32 units in each course - this is SOOOO TIME CONSUMING and quite frankly, unnecessary! MYOB - this is a needed feature!