Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to enter an internal note to transaction

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

it would be great to post a note on a transaction, to show the history (ie a purchase in a lock period has a note added to advise of the corresponding  general journal fix, to save it being fixed by another method)

"add notes to all entries in MYOB"

7 Comments
marki
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

HAVE A NOTEPAD FOR BOOKKEEPERS TO JOT DOWN THINGS THEY NEED TO CATCH UP ON (MUCH LIKE A LIVE LINKED REPORT) AND USE LIVE LINKS TO THE TRANSACTIONS NEEDING COMPLETION. (THIS WILL SAVE ON HAVNG AN EXTERNAL NOTEPAD AND LOOKING UP EACH TRANSACTION TO FINISH IT)

Tanya_Spence
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Now that we are in the cloud I am finding that I am doing more and more of my client's work at my office.  Although this is fantastic in some ways it makes the communication somewhat more difficult.

Could we please have a portal or communications window that we can discuss, suggest, request things between client/accountant/ bookkeeper and BAS agent.  That way we would have the audit trail to see when it was requested and when it was responded to. 

This would be particularly helpful at EOFY with queries to the accountant to be responded to and vice versa.

At the moment we use emails but this is a lot more clunky than if it was in the file itself.

JBS
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

It would be great if you could add notes to an invoice (that the customer wouldn't see).  For example, when chasing payments, you could attach notes directly to the invoice that you have chased rather than the Debtor in general.

ALISON
6 Posts
Cover User

It would be good if we could write notes on Sales and Purchases that are for staff eyes only and not written on the inovices or bills itself. This would be good so our office could be more streamlined and know if any correspondence had been made about an Sales Order or Purchase Order. It would save a lot of confusion. Eg. On a sales order we could notify if a customer has been contacted and told an ETA of arrival or if a payment arrangement has been made. Eg. for purchase orders we could right if this order is on back order and a long wait ahead, or a contact name who we ordered it from. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Alison @ALISON

Have you thought about using the Comments field on the invoice and customising the invoice form so that the Comments do not show when printed?

Cheers

David

DC108
3 Posts
Cover User

Would it possible to consider a new feature to Accountright. I have a Trade and Retail business with multiple staff supplying the building Industry. It would be nice if there was a feature where a blank section attached to the side or bottom of each quote, order or invoice. This would be a text field where myself or staff can add notes that are applicable to that quote not to be seen by the customer. This field would only be visible by default on screen and can be hidden if required. 

For example we are quoting a customer for a product that is unusual and does not have a listed price. In that case I would email our supplier to request a quote for this special item. once I received the price back I could add a note to this field saying --------"Refer to Johns  email (Staff Member) 15/3/18 for quote No 12345 from Phillips (Our supplier) for the custom product on this quote. In our case it can take months for quotes to be ordered by the customer and this feature would be very helpful. This could also be used for noting any other thing specific to this quote. Things like special discounts agreed or any other communications.

The ability to reference things like the supplier quote allow us to see previous communications regarding that quote and any staff member can pick up the history of pricing. 

Let me know if this is possible, and if so would it be something MYOB would consider.

Regards Dave

ILS-Frank
2 Posts
Cover User
I think there is a great opportunity to be able to insert a notes line, similar to a transaction or header line, within the description area on an invoice.

This line or information would not appear when the invoice is printed or emailed.

I believe this function would help so many businesses in there various processes and communication internally between staff.

I feel the comments section is not practical enough for this function as it has very poor visibility when on the enter sales page and does not appear under each line item.

Anyone else agree?

Frank Adams