Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Combined Service & Item layouts

Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi there, I am wanting to be able to enter an invoice using both service and and item fields. I see from the forum that people have found a way around this issue but I wondered if there was a way to combine the two layouts as I know this would be well used having worked in different industries where I would need to add descriptions at the top of an invoice before going onto the item fields.

This option seems to be the one thing missing.

Many thanks

Julie

"'Combined Service & Item Invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight browser interface allows users to enter an invoice using a service or item & service layout. You can change the required layout on the Create invoice window using the cog on the right hand side above the invoice table.

5 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Minstrel,

Thank you for your suggestion, as far as I know there is no plan in the near future to combine the service and item layouts to create a new layout. It would require a lot of work and also affects invoice forms. 

However in the meantime, when enter item invoices you can right click on the transaction line > Insert Header or Insert Blank Line to enter description only. 

Kind regards

Clover

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Julie,

Have you considered usin the Time Billing format for your invoices?

Firstly tick the Preferences option to include Items on TB Invoices.Capture.JPG

you will then be able to enter both item and non item lines.

You may need to setup a default activity for the non item lines. See this MYOB Support Note.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Billing+for+time

Have a play with it and you may find this will do what you want.

Cheers

David

sam2021
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

I need this too. I hate sage but accountedge is really lacking in areas.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight browser interface allows users to enter an invoice using a service or item & service layout. You can change the required layout on the Create invoice window using the cog on the right hand side above the invoice table.