Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to arrow through columns on Sales & Purchases window

Experienced Cover User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I would like to move down and enter figures within columns using the arrow down key, it saves time when entering large invoices with many items.

Please make this change when you next upgrade the software program.

Thanks

"ARROW DOWN WITHIN COLUMNS FOR SALES & PURCHASES"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @BRON777

Thank you for your clarification in regards to your idea.

While you are using AccountEdge the same is true for the AccountRight range. I would encourage clients that would like to see the ability to use the arrows on the keyboard to go through fields (not start at the beginning of rows) on an invoice/purchase to vote and comment for this idea.

In regards to having multiple instances of the program, I would encourage you to review the comments and posts made on your original enquiry in regards to this - MULTIPLE FILE USE ON DESKTOP. Multiple instances of the program is not generally a feature of MAC OS X and therefore AccountEdge is limited to one instance of the program by the operating system not by MYOB requirements.

4 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Arrow down currently takes you to the first column in the next row not the one you are currently in.

I would like this change.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BRON777

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the use of the arrow keys.

Currently the use the arrow keys on the Enter Sales/Purchases window will move you up between the rows.  but to the start of the row. For example if I am in the Job column and select the up arrow I will move to the start of the above line i.e. the quantity column.

Just to get a clear understanding of your idea are you able to clarify if you want to directly move up the columns still being in the same field for those rows  i.e. so I'm in the job column and selecting the up arrow will move to the Job column of the next line?

BRON777
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, it would highly improve speed of entering sales / purchases / even spend money if one could move down within each column from row to row to enter say.. all the quantities first then the items and then each price when you have a purchase or sale with many items, rather that tabbing accross as it is much slower.

Thanks

Once again I will aslo request to be able to open more than one data file at one time for transacting between files.

This is a huge time waster now that I have to open and close each file !!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BRON777

Thank you for your clarification in regards to your idea.

While you are using AccountEdge the same is true for the AccountRight range. I would encourage clients that would like to see the ability to use the arrows on the keyboard to go through fields (not start at the beginning of rows) on an invoice/purchase to vote and comment for this idea.

In regards to having multiple instances of the program, I would encourage you to review the comments and posts made on your original enquiry in regards to this - MULTIPLE FILE USE ON DESKTOP. Multiple instances of the program is not generally a feature of MAC OS X and therefore AccountEdge is limited to one instance of the program by the operating system not by MYOB requirements.